(tr)uSDX

He is already working!!!

73 de Dani EA5M

4 Likes

I have one on the way!

2 Likes

Used it for my last three activations. This time with an experimental amplifier for a pretty rewarding experience.

4 Likes

Thought I would post mine…here operating on 0.25W powered directly from a USB powerbank at 5V.

For any new owners …be sure to calibrate the frequency, mine was around 0.5kHz off.

3 Likes

Hello,

here another new user of this toy; pictured aside the tiny BaMaKey and a pen; I can’t believe it’s that small!

Today I chased a couple SOTA from home with it, after repairing my kit from the transistor blown …
Looking forward for its first activation soon.

73 de Ignacio

3 Likes

My order on eBay (hison-818) from 31. May 2022 for (tr)uSDX (assembled with case) and ATU10 arrived today! It is working out of the box. Powered from USB port on my home computer it delivers 0.5 Watts output power - with this power I managed to chased OK8CX/P on CW and IW2OBX/P on 40 m SSB, both on my first call! Amazing.
Will see tomorrow how it delivers with 12 V battery.

Best 73,
Mirko S52CU

3 Likes

I’ve had one for a few weeks, but didn’t get around to doing a SOTA activation until last weekend where I used mine to make 3 20mSSB contacts on w4v/sh-016. One of those was F4WBN, which surprised me because I was only putting out about 4w.

Antenna is a coil-loaded EFHW 40/20/10 (only 40/20 usable on the Tr(uSDX)). The whole thing, radio, antenna, battery, and earbud weigh in at .85lb.

Chris

2 Likes

I’m looking for some help please. I have a (tr)USDX on order and am looking to put together a headset ptt and mic. I have a cheap earpiece with kenwood connection on dismantling the plug I only have four wires none of which is a ground. Accepting this option isn’t going to work does anyone have a headset, small lightweight, recommendations?

1 Like

Photos of what you have will help people.

1 Like

I think I may have a solution I’ll report back

Hi Paul,
That’s exactly what I use with mine.
I prepared a simple connection interface according to the trusdx manual pinout.

See some pics of my version:

Works fine and I think the TX audio gets better.
You can use the built-in PTT or add an external switch.

73 Ignacio

2 Likes