Topographical Maps of Balearic Islands?

Possible a touch off-topic (i havent checked if there are any SOTA summits!), but im trying to find a source of 1:25,000 maps of the Balearic Islands, Menorca in particular, as im visiting there later this year and intend exploring.

What im looking for are maps of the same detail as the UKs Ordnance Survey maps. Can any of our Spanish members advise at all?

Regards

Martin

In reply to MX0TSE:

Possible a touch off-topic (i havent checked if there are any SOTA
summits!),

According to the latest google earth up date there isnt any sota’s for the Balearic islands (any of).

Adrian

In reply to MM0TAI:
At present there is no Association for EA6 although clearly there are qualifying summits. Any island with its highest point more than 150m asl will have at least one summit, so Ibiza (Eivissa) has a summit at 415 metres, Menorca has one at 358m, Mallorca at 1445m so all three will no doubt eventually figure in an EA6 Association. However, I have no information about maps.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to MX0TSE:
Hi Martin,

When I am planning walking trips abroad I often use Stanfords online service. They seem to have an enormous stock of worldwide mapping. I’ve used them for Africa and South America.

Here are some sample maps for the Balearics.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk/series/spain-50k-civilian-topographic-survey-of-the-balearic-islands/

Gerald
MW6AQU

In reply to G8ADD:
Ooops i meant no association, i didnt actually check for qualifying summits.

So then if martin activates a summit now (with no EA6 association) then there becomes one at some point in the future, could he claim the points for it?

Adrian

In reply to MM0TAI:

Regrettably, no. The database will only score listed summits from the date of commencement of the association, and I know of no way of getting around that. At the moment I don’t think there is even an Association being planned although with the enthusiasm of our Spanish members it is surely only a matter of time!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Thanks for the replies chaps. Shame theres no association yet. Im actually after the maps in order to visit various caves and Beeker settlements, but if i can get up a hill…

I havent yet even decided if im taking any radios, as its a family holiday and i’ll have my young sons to look after. So if i do it will probably only be the 2m FM handie anyway. I’d like to take HF but cant spare the baggage allowence!

Thanks for the link to the map supplier, but i cant find 1:25000 maps on their site, i may email them to ask

Martin

In reply to MX0TSE:

I use http://www.themapshop.co.uk based in Upton on Severn. Ive had many maps from them and find their service very good. Ive checked & they do supply 1:25000 maps of the Balearics.
Balearic Index

Edit:-
Copied from the EA1 A.R.M.

1.4 Maps and navigation
The easiest way to obtain a map is to get online. The most common cartography for hiking is the Mapa Topográfico Nacional (MTN) published by the Instituto Geográfico Nacional. Many products, such as a 1:25000 raster (MTN25), can be now downloaded freely from the download centre of the Spanish Centro Nacional de Información Geográfica (Centro de Descargas del CNIG (IGN)).