Three in North Wales

We were very fortunate with the weather in North Wales over the weekend, so I have some nice (I think) pictures to share from Moel Siabod, Elidir Fawr (and Fach!) and Y Garn:

73, Simon

In reply to G4TJC:
Thanks Simon, For report,contacts & Photos.
Bob G6ODU

In reply to G4TJC:

Superb images. Hope the fault with the FT817 can be
found.

Jonathan

In reply to G4TJC:
Simon thanks for sharing these excellent photographs, makes me realise how lucky i was to be brought up in this part of the world.

In reply to G4TJC:
Superb photographs Simon. What did you use to take them?
Best wishes
Mike

In reply to G4TJC:
Very nice pictures, Simon.
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Best 73 de Guru - EA2IF

In reply to G6TUH:

What did you use to take them?

I’m betting he used a camera Mike.

:wink:

Andy
M0FMF/P

Thank you all for your comments.

Cheapest of cheap Android phones, making use of the panorama and hdr facilities in the Jelly Bean camera app, plus a really ancient Lumix.

Yaesu reckon the FT-817 problem could just be the PA drivers self oscillating (so possibly easy fix) after the PA got smoked (it was delivered to me with a battery fault and died spectacularly when I tried to charge it!). I’m not sure how it knows to trigger “TX Error” in that case though, so a PLL glitch seems more likely. I hope it will behave itself for 3rd Backpackers, when I plan to operate from Mwdwl-eithin.

73, Simon

In reply to G4TJC:
Thanks for nice S2S OM Simon,
I was hiking Boboty in huge rain but below the top rain stops and next the sun came up. Nice SOTA day with six S2S: OK2BDF/P HB9TVK/P HB9BCB/P DK2MT/P YOU on GW/NW-010 and M0IML/P. Tnx to all who called me, I was here (gallery from 2013):

73, Igor OM3CUG G QRP club 5976 Home pages OM3CUG/QRP - Welcome!

In reply to OM3CUG:

Thank you Igor - lovely pictures. There are some big cliffs on those mountains!

I was very glad when both you and Heinz found me for summit-to-summit. I was getting very few alerts because of a poor phone signal.

73, cuagn, Simon

In reply to G4TJC:
Nice to get you S2S twice in one day!

Lovely weather for it.

My pics from Moel Llyfnant and Arenig Fawr are here.

Gerald
MW0WML

In reply to MW0WML:

Thanks Gerald - those are great. I see Moel Siabod looking a bit titchy with Snowdon and the Carneddau standing behind.

Till the next time, 73 - Simon