They're under starter's orders

And they’re off!

Grr! With the Winter Bonus period not yet 10 hours old Gerald and Paul are already on their first summit! Here I am sat working on a simulation of a PCIexpress gigabit ethernet controller and they’re out having fun :frowning:

The WX here is cold, -1C with frost everywhere but the blue skies are clouding up. The frost should make the walking a bit better on the waterlogged ground.

And the forecast looks OK for Friday which is when my Winter Bonus starts, hopefully with a nice Munro but no more MA0 prefix. Joe Bonamassa plays here on Saturday night when he’ll try and disprove he’s another Clapton clone. Followed by more Winter walking on Sunday and Monday. I can’t wait. But till then I shall sit here simulating whilst being green with envy.

Good luck to everyone who ventures out for day 1.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Stuck in front of computers here too, but wait !

Hey hey !

I’ve just been called out to a job at the Horseshoe Pass tomorrow (NW-042 / NW-043).

Might have to take a long lunch !

Ian.

In reply to MM0FMF:

Yes, an excellent day indeed Andy. Minus 5C en route and a balmy minus 2.5C on arriving at the parking spot - must have been the effect of the Azores High coming in between Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Snow from around 450m to summits, increasing in depth to an estimated 10 to 15cm - deeper in drifts to full leg length. Tiring, but exhilirating at the same time. First summit minus 5 and wind chill, second minus 2 and even more wind chill. Walked off into a light snowy blizzard and later some rain as we approached the car in the dark. The photos on my Flickr stream give an idea of our day.

Enjoy Friday, Sunday and Monday and I hope that the weather is as kind to you as it was to us yesterday.

73, Gerald