Thanks to Frank DJ2FR

Just to say many thanks to Frank DJ2FR for activating a SOTA Complete for me today when he visited DL/KW-004 Sulzleklammspitze.

Summit not activated since July 2012. It has been a long wait for the SOTA Complete for me… The QSO was not a sked and I was fortunate that I was at home - tomorrow I will not be here at that time of day!

The summit had only been activated three times before today in its SOTA life, by DM1LE, DD1LD and DL/G4OBK. I activated that summit in July 2012 when it was a double border summit with Austria as OE/TI-628, now deleted under the border summit rule changes some years ago. The QSO with DJ2FR brought back viivd memories from that long day in the beautiful Karwendel - story can be found here

This leaves me with the following six summits I need to Chase for a Complete having activated them previously:

OK/LI-033
EA6/IB-007 EA6/IB-009 EA6/IB-011
VK2/CT-003 VK2/CT-043

OK/LI-033 is the most likely one next. Few people activate in Ibiza and the two in New South Wales are unlikely against the propagation until we get more sunspots.

73 de Phil G4OBK

7 Likes

Hello
nice to meet you here Phil.
Yes, the Mittenwald via ferrata is fantastic.
Six 2000s on a hike. And two times Sota.
Thank you for the QSO on the Sulzleklammspitze.
I look forward to many more activations and QSOs with you Phil.

There are photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/R7govphmk3E4Rx2Z9

vy 73 Frank DJ2FR

4 Likes

Dear both

Had enjoyed Frank’s pictures and Phil’s story from 2012 – simply great, hi! Thanks for remembering it.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

1 Like