Thanks all, from CUWS!

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say thanks for everyone who worked the group of us from CUWS (Cambridge University Wireless Society) in Snowdonia at the weekend. All in all there were eight of us there - G3ZAY, M0BLF, M0RLM, 2E0CAO, M0SCH, M0SKI, M0TJH and myself, M0VFC, with of course a liberal spattering of "W"s in all the above callsigns for the weekend!

It turns out that trying to get six or seven people to qualify the same summits isn’t the easiest thing in the world, so thanks to everyone who worked a few of us, and apologies for any confusion at the rapidly changing series of callsigns appearing on air :-).

I think it’s fair to say we all had a great weekend, and somehow got away without getting too wet either.

We also bumped into M0RCP, M3OOL, G3CWI and MW0IDX - nice to meet you all in person and put a face to the callsign.

Cheers again, and 73,
Rob, M0VFC

Side question: is it possible to change my SOTAwatch username from 2E1EVJ to M0VFC? I’ve been meaning to ask since getting the full call a few months back, and haven’t got round to it until now…

In reply to 2E1EVJ:

Great to meet up with you on Tryfan and later Gylder Fawr. A memorable day
particularly with the demonstration of extreme ironing and the black tie
dinner on NW-006!

I’ll try and remember to post links to a couple of photos in this thread
when I get round to it so perhaps we can put names to faces.

73 from Rick M0RCP and Thomas M3OOL

In reply to M0RCP:

Yes, I have to say, it was quite odd not being the most odd thing going on on top of the mountain :-). I think Jordan M0SKI should have the group photo of all of us on Glyder Fawr; I’ll post that one when I get a copy as well.

Meanwhile, some from Dom M0BLF: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dnas2/sets/72157621992260578/

In reply to 2E1EVJ:

Hey, why didn’t I hear about this! You guys know I’m usually up for SOTAing.

In reply to 2E1EVJ:

As promised here are a few pictures from the joint M0RCP/M3OOL/CUWS activation of Tryfan.

73 Rick.

In reply to 2E1EVJ:

Side question: is it possible to change my SOTAwatch username from
2E1EVJ to M0VFC? I've been meaning to ask since getting the full call
a few months back, and haven't got round to it until now…

No. But it is very easy to sort out. Just create a new SOTAWatch account with the username M0VFC - you’ll find it ties in nicely with the database for thing like telling you how many times you have activated/chased a hill (providing you have updated the database to your new call).

Thanks for the contact during your activation - if only Bangor uni had a wireless society!

Dave M0MYA

In reply to M0MYA: Cunning, duly done, and all good :-).

@M0RCP: Thanks!

Cheers,
Rob