Thank you CW activators world wide

Nothing can beat the thrill of waking up to find one of these in the email. Thank you to all of the great CW actvators world wide that made this possible and the SOTA awards coordinators that take the time to send them. Just a new comer but starting to get the hang of it. Thanks all de W6LEN / Jess

28 Likes

Glad to help,
I only have a small number of stateside calls in my Activator log, but one of my greatest personal achievements was working for and then being awarded that piece of glass that says “Mountain Goat, all CW”.
In my humble opinion mountains/radio/cw fit together seamlessly. I get a certain (warped?) satisfaction if we exchange 229 reports after fighting the qsb for 3 minutes, a real achievement.

David
G0EVV

13 Likes

Oh yes! Love this…

3 Likes

Jess, Always glad to hear you calling from near-sea level on the West Coast with your modest station after the pile subsides. Well done! Stay well & 73! Mike, WB2FUV

3 Likes

Thanks Mike. I always make it a point to get you in my log. Thank you for the great effort making all of those summit activations. Stay safe out there my friend.
W6LEN / Jess

Thank you to all the great CW chasers world wide that make activating SOTA such fun. We haven’t had a QSO yet Jess but I hope we will soon with the 10m challenge.

73 Richard

5 Likes

Congrats and thanks for the chasing!!!
73 de JP3PPL

2 Likes

Greetings Jess, congratulations on your achievement. Well done. :+1:

Geoff vk3sq

2 Likes

LMAO.
Congratulations Jess - and please keep on chasing!

Cheers,
Gerard - VK2IO

5 Likes

Hey Jess - Congrats !

I am looking forward to your call…

73 Armin

3 Likes

Hi Jess,

Congratulations :exclamation:
Thank you for chasing SP59GURU :exclamation:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Congrats Jess and many thanks for the 15m CW QSO on 4th March-24.

I agree with the sentiments. I don’t pretend to be good at it but to my mind CW has always been the highest achievement for a radio amateur. The pinnacle.

I was concerned when it was removed as a class A licence requirement in the UK because I thought it might die. How wrong can you be? There are still so many who learn it, use it and enjoy it. Long may it continue.
73, John G4YSS

5 Likes

Hello John, I could not agree with you more. I was angry, disappointed and saddened when the CW requirement was removed here in the US. For many years I held a high level of resentment towards those organizations that supported the removal of CW. I have always felt that CW is the corner stone of our hobby. I have been licensed for 70 years and have tried the other modes but was always disappointed so I returned to my CW roots. I have always felt that CW should have remained a requirement for the extra class ticket. Oh well, life goes on and at 83 I continue to enjoy CW.
Thanks for your note John and it was a pleasure to have you in my log.
73 / 44 W6LEN / Jess

4 Likes

Congrats Jess!
dit dit

4 Likes

dit dit…

2 Likes

Great job Jess. Always nice to hear your call. I was standing there today when you worked old Dirty Ankle Dave (W4JL). We had a blast in the rain and fog. Thanks for calling!

Ken, W4KAC

1 Like

Ken, it’s always great to get Dave in the log. I had not seen a spot for you guys in a while and I took a chance when I called him… Very much appreciated that you guys were there. Thanks. 73 / 44
de W6LEN / Jess

1 Like

Congratulations! It’s great to have you in the log book!

de K7UOU Gary

1 Like

Likewise Gary, thanks