Sweden SM/VN-028

Radioclub SK3BG Sundsvalls Radioamateurs is planning an field day activity from SM/VN-028 on 26 may from 17.30 UTC with callsign SK3BG/P

The purpose is to test radios, antennas and portable power sources in field use and at the same time activate the summit. Please give them an nice and pleasant pileup and take time to chat with the operators. This is their first activation in SOTA.

More details will follow on alerts page.

Info via SM3FJF / SM5KRI Chris

Alerts is updated with freq. / SM3FJF via SM5KRI Chris

A few pictures from the first activation by SK3BG, Registrácia domén, hosting a servery :: Websupport.sk
Lets hope there will be more activations from SM/VN!

73 SM5KRI Chris

In reply to SM5KRI:
Thanks for the pictures Chris.

Interestingly I couldn’t hear them at all on 40m but they were a nice solid signal on 30m. They seemed to be working down a good pile there and I even heard a couple of JA stations working them.

I’m still hoping to do at least one SM activation in the summer… fingers crossed.

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to SM5KRI:

I heard S3-S7 QRN on 40 m from the thunder and hailstorms that took place in France on that evening. In addition the frequencies were already busy with other traffic, but finally I could get reply from SK3BG/P on 30 m. Looking forward for more activations from the North, where the summits are less accessible than in more populated areas.

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL