Summit values

Hi.
Inital impressions are good although I haven’t yet added a spot. The one thing I do miss is the value of the summit and the activators name. On the “old” system when you hover your mouse over the summit you get its points value, and over the callsign you get the activators name. This is a pity. Will this be implemented or is it part of the new face of Sotawatch?
Cheers
Q GW3BV

Hi Quentin,

Don’t worry these will appear before too long. All the functionality of the old system will get done eventually. Probably in the order of how acutely it is missed. So I’ll move this up the list!

73, Jon

Thanks John.
Yes its missed.
How do you cope with all us grumpy Sotawatch users, alpha, beta or otherwise?!
Cheers
Q

Quentin,

Have a look at the spots. You get the info when you mouseover a particular spot.

Let me know what you think. I have quite a lot of control over the look of the box, the delay before it pops up (currently 250ms), size, content, etc.

Once I get some feedabck, I’ll implement it on the alerts as well.

73, Jon

Hi Jon
Thats fine Jon. I like the activator name being in the same box as the summit information. The only thing I would say is I don’t know that the callsign and summit ref need repeating in the top of the box. Perhaps makes it look a little cluttered? Will the spotters name be in the box for the spots as well?

Sorry you couldn’t manage 80mt this afternoon. I could hear stations working you on 30 and 40 but nothing my end. My cw is terrible but I am trying to improve and am looking for my first sota cw qso. Perhaps it will be with you or that other chap without a microphone - CWI?! I would rather like to work a couple of Germans a week just to get my score moving a bit faster! I am currently using CWget to help me decode correctly. Opinion seems divided on its long term usefulness but it’s worth a try after more than 6 years of trying to get beyond 5wpm!

Thanks for your work on Sotawatch2
Cheers
Q

Hi Quentin,

I have taken out the caption repeating the callsign and summit.

Will the spotters name be in the box for the spots as well?

I hadn’t thought of doing this. Do you think it would be helpful/necessary?

73, Jon

Hi Jon
I have no idea if it would be of any use. I was just curious really. However it might be a nice touch and help users to associate more callsigns with names. Not neccessary though.
Q

I have now put the pop up box on for Alerts as well.