Suggestion: An issue tracker

As I understand it, the way to report errors, make suggestions or otherwise generally contact the Management Team is via email.

This means that (a) an individual recipient gets the email, (b) it may get overlooked, © no-one else knows what has been reported/suggested

Can I suggest that an Issue Tracker (eg Mantis) be added to the site, so that issues can be logged, and are visible so that others do not need to re-raise them

It would also mean that ideas that can’t be addressed now don’t get lost in time.

Just a thought.

Andrew
M6ADB

In reply to M6ADB:

Thanks for the thought, Andrew. This will be considered.

Just for information, emails addressed to the MT appear on a group and is seen by all MT members, emails addressed to individual members of the MT goes to their private emails.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Just for information, emails addressed to the MT appear on a group and
is seen by all MT members…

…and does a particular MT member have the over-riding responsibility to see that the most appropriate member of the MT is actually given the task of dealing with the issue raised? Just curious, as a few people seem to have been aggrieved that issues they have raised have not been actioned. Perhaps some form of feedback is required as part of what Andrew has suggested so that people are not left wondering.

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:

Perhaps some form of feedback is
required as part of what Andrew has suggested so that people are not
left wondering.

The delight of (something like) Mantis is the status is always visible… that it has been acknowledged, initial thoughts, assessed priority, who it has been allocated to etc

But just to re-iterate, this is intended as a positive suggestion, not a whinge that things aren’t being done.

And, if I can be of help, peeps just need to ask (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP being my territory, although I believe that SOTA is a Microsoft Windows/SQLserver/ASP system)

:slight_smile: