Strange transmission on 40m this morning

I found this on 40m this morning while on DL/AM-001 Piessenberg - have others already come across it?

It appears to be “naming and shaming” three Russian amateurs however the transmission itself never identifies itself with a callsign!

73 Ed.

1 Like

An unfortunate cesspit of russian/ucranian propaganda war that has been going on for years. Check out the IARU Monitoring System newsletters, they are reported every month

1 Like

There’s no place for politics or religion in Amateur radio. but how do you stop it?

73 Ed.

1 Like

tune st elses where and ignore :slight_smile:
karl

1 Like

That doesn’t stop it - in this case, they are not looking for a response or reaction over the air, so turning the dial and not giving a response to it, doesn’t have any effect whatsoever.

As it’s coming from a different country, there’s little we can do unfortunately apart from report the station to the IARU/ITU.

Ed.

2 Likes

IN UK its become a recent problem especially to WAB nets.

BUT a gent in Hull UK has been recently taken to court and bound over for 12 months with suspended jail sentence. No licensed holder using in that case licensed radio gear and breaking the UK Wireless tele act.

One down possible many more to be caught.

But in past month it has eased off as we tend to carry on through gritted teeth and ignore the idiot till they get bored of us.

Thank you to ofcom for removing said party off the air ways.

2E0FEH

2 Likes

Yes, I just heard that story on the GB2RS podcast. It struck home as I come from Hull originally!

It’s good to see the regulator doing something against offenders - so often we hear that they have no time (or more importantly insufficient personnel) to investigate these cases.

Here in Germany, they do a good job perhaps while we still pay an annual amateur radio licence fee. It could also be because a large number of the BNetzA engineers are radio hams!

73 Ed.

2 Likes