Stop for some time

We are very close to a lockdown in SOTA SP if the decision makers will find enough courage.
Due to some personal experience, I think I may be suspected.
Together with my wife we tested ourselves yesterday.
We are currently waiting for the test results.
Good luck to all the activators !

73, Jarek

6 Likes

I hope the results are negative for you both.

2 Likes

Thank you for nice words.
Unfortunately only me negative :frowning:

73, Jarek

We are also close to another lockdown here in England. The Eat Drink and be Merry strategy has not worked.

2 Likes

This was the initial case at this QTH. Just my XYL Marianne was positive. I tested negative. But within three days, all four of us were positive. It is VERY infectious - and we had really good hygiene discipline at home too, distancing, hand-washing, wiping down surfaces and door handles etc.

Fortunately, the illness has proved to be mild for Marianne, Jimmy M0HGY and Liam, and completed in around 7 days. It has been more problematic for me, causing an unpleasant viral condition called labyrinthitis, but I am nearly fully recovered now too. So I hope the condition is mild for your XYL, and yourself if you get it.

Today is my last day of isolation - so fingers crossed I can be back out activating tomorrow!

9 Likes

that phrase is usually followed by a rather gloomy conclusion…

Not so :frowning: it looks like haevy cold

We do the same Tom, will see the result …
Keep fingers crossed

Day by day I here of further local cases of this insidious disease. Going where there are people, feels like Russian roulette with 1 slug in a 200 cassette magazine. Hope all is well Jarek.

Kind regards
David
G0EVV

1 Like

Thank you David.
In the meantime I will be your chaser from home QTH :wink:

73, Jarek

wishing you all the best, Tom.
73 Andrew

2 Likes

wishing you and your family will all be well, Jarek.
73 Andrew vk1da

2 Likes

My best wishes for a prompt recovery to your xyl, Jarek, and to you to not getting the virus.
By the way, I’m very glad to read about the good evolution for the family of @M1EYP
My fingers and toes crossed for you all.

Guru

2 Likes

You and your family take care Jarek!
I wish you a prompt recovery.

Romain

2 Likes

Jarek, all the best to your XYL, Tom, all the best for you.

I received a notification from the warning app that I was potentially infected. Fortunately for me and my family, I was tested negative. Nevertheless, the rules here state that I have to stay at home anyway for 10 days after a potential infection. --> I have to stay at home and stick to chasing and QO-100 until Monday (as long as the weather is nice) and can go out again to activate something the day it starts raining :disappointed:

Nevertheless, it’s a confirmation that protection concepts work: With the info from the app, I could nail the potential infection down to a train ride. Everybody is wearing masks in the trains here, and I had a seating group for myself. That’s what the COVID app doesn’t know. It just estimates the distance to another phone and doesn’t know about masks or anything in between the 2 phones that exchange the random IDs.

73 Jens HB9EKO

1 Like

I owe you information update, and it is not bad for the moment.
I had some symptoms but they don’t come back, my wife is getting better - according to COVID environment monitoring no bad news means good news.
Keep fingers crossed to keep this direction for us.
We have three days to the end of my wife isolation.
When the isolation will finish will be another 7 days of quarantine for me.
My many thanks to activators who give me a chance to chase, if luck allows I will CQ SOTA as activator two weeks from now.

73, Jarek

9 Likes

Very pleased to hear your positive news Jarek. I hope your XYL’s recovery continues and that you remain uninfected. I had Covid-19 myself but recovered well after 2 weeks of very unpleasant illness.

It was great to hear you call me on my activation today!

Tom M1EYP

1 Like

Many thanks for the update Jarek. Pleased to hear the situation is improving for your wife and yourself. My wife took a while to get back to near normal - she still has a tightness in her breathing at times. I was fortunate to be able to resist it, helped by my heart medication which it appears blocks the virus.

It was great to work you on Saturday in the Trans-Atlantic S2S Event.

73, Gerald G8CXK / G4OIG

Thank you so much Gerald for QSO.

COVID is very strange and can have multi-directional influence onto our condition.
I was more near to breath difficulties but I was tested negative.
My wife who was tested positive had never breath problems but she has serious stomach disfunction until now despite on her isolation time is getting finish.
Anyway, you all take care to avoid this …

73, Jarek

1 Like

Hi Friends,

Alert for next Saturday is on.
Keep fingers crossed :wink:

73, Jarek

5 Likes

Good evening,

Everything is ready, I hope to see you tomorrow :wink:

73, Jarek

4 Likes