Staying near Builth Wells this weekend

Aiming to increase my tally of unique hills. Probably all 1 or 2 pointers.

No specific hills just yet. I’ve done Mynydd Eppynt which is probably the most accessible.

Probably aim for 2M FM/SSB with 20-50W unless anyone suggests this is not going to work.

I’ll try to alert (mobile signal dependant) for specific hills.

We might be going up something in the Welsh Borders on Saturday (can’t make Sunday - local radio club BBQ and daren’t pass that up for SOTA!!) Would like s2s if times permit but rather suspect you will be earlier than us (or me to be more accurate). M0JLA would like to chase MW-031 Caeliber Isaf as it is about the only one left on his wanted list in MW. I want many more including 025, 027, 030 not to mention 012, 014 and 016 but I have to be on a summit as well as I only operate from hills. If you want a real challenge try qualifying 016 on 2m fm with 5w! That is, always assuming you can find the top (read the tips carefully. It is a LOT easier than when we first did it when we were crawling under the trees looking for the trig (and never found it!)/ There is now a cut through to it - but the trees around are getting higher and higher! They have also felled the lower slopes so you can cut up on a once muddy path through the debris rather than doing the long and rather tedious track. Have fun.

73 Viki M6BWA

Hi Viki

I will be with Gerald tomorrow. Although we have not alerted as yet our target summits were going to be Carneddau and Aberbedw Hill with a possibility of a third. Gerald is aware of 016 as I mentioned it to him last night. I’ll have a chat with him during the day and let Rod know via e-mail. I 'll also take 70cms with me.

73 & 88 Allan

I’ll have my FT857 and a co-linear antenna with me that will do 2M and 70cm… we’ll try and get you.

Vikki, as requested Allan GW4VPX and I have added MW-016. We’ll be on 70cm as well as 2M so hopefully get you if you can be somewhere we can reach. Time around 0930Z.

Thanks for the info. I have set the alarm… and am now getting on the bike to G/WB-024 but the wind is against me!!

Hope to chase you from ?the Begwyns tomorrow - and something bigger later on 70cm I hope.
73 Viki

Sounds like you need a different diet.

:blush:

1 Like