St. Kilda photoset

One of the guys active in the RHB group has posted this fantastic photoset of his recent trip to St. Kilda.

Some great views of the Marilyns. Conachair is on the main island and you can also see the fantastic sea stacks which I’m guessing will be the last Marilyns to be activated in the UK!

If you could only book weather like this for every island visit.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
…and their pictures of the trip to Boreray and Bioda Mor on Dun are also amazing

Boreray: Redirecting...

Dun: Redirecting...

3 pretty impressive Marilyns. Shame none of them had an HF radio (and a license of course) :slight_smile:

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G0AZS:
Update: I think the links should work better now from outside Faceboook!

73 Marc G0AZS

Hi all,

I have heard that GM4TOE, G7ADF and MM0DHY would like to climb the stacks up in the St Kilda islands. Great photographs.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
One word, guano!

In reply to MM0FMF:

One word, guano!

I think I have discovered a use for my (currently unused) drysuit on an activation!

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to MM0FMF:
Breathtaking…

Tom-N2YTF

In reply to M3EYP:

I have heard that GM4TOE, G7ADF and MM0DHY would like to climb the
stacks up in the St Kilda islands

You think I are barking mad???

Barry GM4TOE

Hi Barry,

I’m sure I remember Robin GM7PKT telling me last summer that you wanted to climb up the sea stacks up in the St Kilda islands.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

From memory the seastacks are more of a steep walk verging on a scramble rather than a climb. Massochists can of course take the hard route. The hard bit is getting there to start with - then even harder to get to the base of the stacks. Easiest way used to be to join the army ;-))

In reply to MM0FMF:

Conachair is easy but you would need to be a St Kildan to climb the stacks. The Great Skuas dive bomb and more on visitors. Wonderful, I have been, highly recommended if you can stand getting there. when I went one guy had to be prized off the boat after getting hyperthermia :slight_smile:

Dont forget you might need special permission from both the army and the national trust for scotland to operate… its a missile firing monitoring station I think.
Robert
GM4GUF