Sstv

Hi all,

Does anybody tried SSTV from a summit ?
The database gives some used modes, and ‘Other’ don’t give any information abt the used mode.

Best 73
Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:

I can’t give exact information but there has been a couple of SSTV activations, I attempted one myself a few years ago but failed due to an equipment problem. I’d like to have another go sometime!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Thanks Brian,

May be I’ll try it soon from south of France

73 Alain

In reply to F6ENO:

Hi all,

Does anybody tried SSTV from a summit ?
The database gives some used modes, and ‘Other’ don’t give any
information abt the used mode.

If you log into the Database and then look at Facts and Figures, there are 2 activations shown, using SSTV.

HTH

Regards
2E0YYY

In reply to F6ENO:

Mirek OK1CYC did a few SSTV activations, see eg.
Imgur

I guess SSTV falls under Data mode, you can’t tell it from PSK or RTTY in the database.

In reply to F6ENO:
Hi Alain,
I made two SSTV QSO’s on 26/7/2009 from Lipska hora (OK/US-064).
If you are thinking aboout SSTV from summits I’m open to any attempts of S2S contacts, hi.

Have a good time
Mirek, OK1CYC

In reply to F6ENO:
Bonjour Alain, sa fait partie des mes essais de faire un SSTV en SOTA, je l’ai en tete et espere bien de le realiser un jour :slight_smile:

In reply to F6ENO:
That’s good idea, in next time, in case good WX :-), I try some digi modes (SSTV, PSK, RTTY) from local SOTA’s. I normaly use 10-30W :-)I write it to upcoming SOTA activations, can we try digi S2S QSO? :smiley:

In reply to OK1IN:

Hi friends,

During my last expedition, I sent some pictures from the summit F/PE-330. Some friends were listening, but nobody received my pictures. 5 watts are perhaps not enough. CU at a future attempt.

Best 73

Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:
Hello everbody,

I made SSTV transmissions from several summits before SOTA using a portable KENWOOD device.
I think it would be fun to repeat that within SOTA - I will try to reactivate my equipment. Is there any mode (Martin, Robot etc) to prefer?

Best 73
Martin DF3MC

In reply to DF3MC:

Hello Martin,

I made my tests on SC2 180, but we can try other modes ?

73 Alain F6ENO