Spring ski tour to Belyagush R9U/SO-073.

At the beginning of April, a small team of Alex RA9WPV, Oleg R9WCJ and Vlad RX9WT got up and activated the Belyagush summit (SO-073). Unlike the previous activation of Belyagush (SO-094) in March, the weather was cloudy and not frosty. This created certain difficulties in moving in wet and deep snow. But modern ski touring equipment has simplified the task. Although it did not make it easy.
The path to the summit, 12 kilometers long, along the slopes and dense forest took considerable effort. The descent back turned out to be just as slow, as the snow became completely loose and wet. It was windy at the top, but that did not stop us from setting up a camp there. For the first time since QRT for years, Alex RA9WPV was QRV. I hope that now another new comrade has appeared in the ranks of local SOTA-activists.
We were active on 40, 30, 20 and 2 meters. RX9WT was active CW on 30 and 20 meters. The result is 70 QSOs.

I hope that the rest of the participants will post their logs here. Once again I was convinced how much better a dipole works among trees than an LW antenna. Having switched to a half-wave dipole at 10 MHz, the rate immediately increased to 3 QSOs per minute. It was very nice to hear the familiar callsigns. I was very happy with the QSO with KT5X, JS6TMW. The activity of chasers made the gloomy day a holiday!
73!
Vlad
RX9WT

25 Likes

Молодцы! :grinning:

2 Likes

Great, congratulations!
Interesting to see the lifted method for the fire. I never saw that before.

Martin

3 Likes

Martin, thank you for feedback!
The metal mesh stretched between the trees is really very comfortable. The boilers are hung on a steel cable with hooks. All this allows you to make a fire in the snow of any depth - it will not fail. Harm to nature is minimized. It is also possible to cook while standing, like on the stove. No need to bend low.
Vlad

7 Likes

Volodya, great activation! Resolved - I am purchasing ski touring equipment and joining your company in the next winter season!

2 Likes

Hi Vladimir,

Молодцы! :grinning:
Many thanks for nice report, as always & tnx QSO :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes