Spotting to SOTAWatch from an App

Hi. I’m looking at adding the ability to spot activations to SOTAWatch from a mobile app, Ham2k PoLo, and I was after a bit of advice or right point of contact to go about this.

If I understand correctly, the users of the app will need to authenticate with SOTA SSO prior to making use of the documented API. The library I’m looking at using supports the OpenID Authorization Code workflow but in order to use that, I believe I need to request issue of a clientId from the development team.

I did use contact form on the main SOTA page last week, but I know how those things get lost in spam filters, etc., so hope it’s okay asking here.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

1 Like

No, it’s on me to reply to you and work got crazy. I’ll send through details later today if I can.

1 Like

Thanks @VK3ARR. No worries. I appreciate the work you and the development team do on in your free time for the community :+1:

1 Like

Thanks again for your help and emails @VK3ARR. Testing today and got app logging in and spotting to SOTAWatch :+1:

Some more work to do with help from main developer Sebastián KI2D on iOS side, but hopefully coming soon.

1 Like