Spotted a problem on sotadata

On SOTA Database if I select G - England and NP - Northern Pennines I get the table of summits.

One row caught my eye.

G/NP-014 Rogan’s Seat 672 2205 NY 919030 4 27 31/Oct/2008 M3EYP/P

Clicking on “info” Hiking in the mountains: tips for beginner hikers - Mountain Day

I see this list of recent activations

G4OIG/P on 15 Nov 2010
G4MD/P on 15 Nov 2010
G0EWN/P on 30 Jun 2010
G1INK/P on 12 Nov 2009
M3EYP/P on 31 Oct 2008

So there have been activations since the once mentioned in the table.

The info page also says there have been 26 activations, yet the table says 27.

I’ve not seen this problem elsewhere.

Is the reflector the appropriate place to report such issues?

In reply to MW6SPX:

No it’s the wrong place. The main reason is that when you report something like this on here then everyone rushes to check and the server load rockets for no benefit to anyone! Sometimes this load spike can make the problem/bug/feature/issue worse.

A mail to either myself or Jon depending on whether it’s a database issue or a Sotawatch issue is best. Sometimes it’s hard to tell if it’s a database or Sotawatch issue, so you could mail both of us. Or one of us and let us figure who should reply.

The database is valid. There have been no activations since 15-11-2010. There has been an update to an activation since 15-11-2010 and a small prize is available for the 1st person to guess the identity of who has updated their activation for this summit. :wink:

Andy, MM0FMF
Database Manager.

In reply to myself:

And I forgot to say that there is a wee known feature in that the count of activations isn’t decremented when you delete an activation. This means that when the “mystery activator” deleted his activation and uploaded an amended version the count was incremented. But as it hadn’t been decremented the count is out by one.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

I guess “wee known feature” is the Scottish for ‘bug’ then is it?

Thousands of wee known features spent 30 minutes or so attacking Barry GM4TOE and myself on Bynack More in August 2010!

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Don’t you mean Creag Mhor GM/ES-017?

Jimmy M3EYP

That was bad as well, but the wee known features started their work on upsetting Barry and myself on the earlier summit, as I am sure Barry will confirm.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

I guess “wee known feature” is the Scottish for ‘bug’ then is it?

I was being kind. Bugs are what I add to the database when I change it. “wee known features” are what Gary put in it when he wrote it!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M1EYP:
They weren’t “wee”; they were vicious snarling giant carnivores with big pointy teeth!

Can confirm the monsters started on Bynack Mhor, drove Tom so demented on the way between the hills he “mooned” the hill and then on the second summit, as Jimmy well knows, the “Scotch Mist” came down and made these creatures even more determined to eat three of us alive. I also seem to remember snorting them on the way out and relief only came whenever we met a slight breeze and after the sun went down.

Strange, didn’t seem to affect Jimmy though - is he made of tougher stuff?

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to GM4TOE:

Oh I do, do, DO envy the people who the midges ignore!

Brian G8ADD

No he was just fast enough down that horrificly steep direct descent to the col from the first summit (other more sensible routes were available), that he could keep ahead of the wee known features. I, on the other hand, am never fast on steep descents (a little problem of being 6 foot 3 and 18 stone), so they kept catching me up.

That blast of fresh air at sunset at the top of the ski slope down to the car park was very welcome relief.

Tom M1EYP

Hi Dad,

That blast of fresh air at the top of the ski slope down to the car park was on our first Cairngorms expedition with Barry GM4TOE when we activated GM/ES-001 and GM/ES-005.

Jimmy M3EYP

Doh! Yes, it was on the final level(ish) walk out after the shoulder of Bynack More as it started to go dark that we finally escaped the midges on the 2010 walk with Barry and Tommy.

Good job your brain cells are still in good form Jimmy, to compensate for the aging ones in my skull.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
I am just waiting for our next gathering so I can witness Jimmy reducing the number of his brain cells in time-honoured mountaineering fashion!

By then I should be back on the nut-brown foaming meths (6 teetotal weeks seems like a lifetime - I now hate Diet Coke!)

Barry GM4TOE