Spot error today on GM/CS-085

Hi,

The 13:02 Spot i sent out via the iridium system today should have been GM/CS-085, as in the 12:44 SMS Spot for 10metres. There appeared to be no phone signal on the summit and the cut and paste from SMS to the satellite message system was incomplete.

In mitigation, it was somewhat windy, quite cold, with spindrift and gloves further complicating the activation.

Apologies for the error, I will try to do better in future.

3 Likes

The phone and 4G signal was on and off yesterday while I was on Miekle Bin GM/SS-129 so I resorted to the SMS spotting service which worked after a couple of attempts. This was the first time I had used it in anger.
I wonder if there is something going on with the phone system this weekend ?
Thanks for the s2s yesterday from GM/WS-190.
Andy
MM7MOX

1 Like

Always the same excuse Colwyn.

You really ought to have worked it out by now.

1 Like

I know that Vodaphone shut down their 3G network last week. Could be lots of reconfiguring cell sites happening.

Thanks Andy,

There was a phone signal on GM/CS-085 today, just not my network! There is a mast at the end of Glen Roy, near Braeroy Lodge. EE network I think.

In fact my earlier SMS did get through but without data to check I assumed it had not!

Yes, thanks for the S2S on GM/SS-129 yesterday. The weather was somewhat kinder on GM/WS-190, and there was a large cairn giving more than adequate shelter.

1 Like