Spare relay for KX2

Hello Guys. I have a problem with my KX2. The relay in my TCVR K3 (K3.1 + K3.2) on KX2 RF board - LPF went wrong. It is Panasonic AGQ210S4H or AGQ210S4HZ. Does anybody from Europe have one more for sale? I will buy. It is out of stock in all european shops. Maybe somebody knows tested compensation for this relay. Many thanks for each tip.

73! om4wy

2 Likes

Hi Roman,

If that does not work maybe send an email to Elecraft ? Maybe they can send you one.

73 Joe

1 Like

Hi Joe. I did it so. They recommend me first to try to buy it somewhere in Europe. I think they wrote it because of quite expensive transport costs and tax law in EU. Still I have a possibility to buy it from Elecraft.

2 Likes

Hi Roman,

I am unable to provide you with a solution, but I can definitely feel your pain. Had to replace my VFO A encoder on my KX3 recently. No alternatives found, so I had to order an original part from Elecraft via German QRP Project. Nik was very helpful in getting all the logistics done, but that adventure ripped 110€ off my bank account.
Really hope you find an alternative solution - availability of any kind of electronic parts seems really limited atm.

73 Mario

Hi Mario. I sent e-mail to qrp project, too. Unfortunately I did not get any answer. Maybe they need more time to write me back.

2 Likes

https://www.digikey.sk/en/products/detail/panasonic-electric-works/AGQ210S4H/644881
Deilvery time is excessive…

https://www.digikey.sk/en/products/detail/panasonic-electric-works/AGQ210S4HZ/644882?s=N4IgTCBcDaIAQEEDiBFMBGADAZQCwAkAtEAXQF8g
This can be delivered in July

73, Peter - HB9PJT

1 Like

I assume the Panasonic relay is mostly compatible with the OMRON relay that Elecraft uses in the KX2’s atu. Mouser has more the 10000 on stock.

73 Chris

1 Like

I asked Elecraft about OMRON. They recommended me not to use OMRON relays. Elecraft also uses OMRON relays, but they would not work in KX2. I am going to try a very similar relay by Panasonic available in Europe. I will write after success :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Guys. If somebody would need it: Finally the Panasonic relay AGQ210A4HZ was the one used to replace. It seems it works well. Many thanks to my friend Michal OM4AA. He found the alternative relay and replaced it for me. 73!

Roman

5 Likes

It would interest me scientifically why the OMRON relay is used successfully in the atu and does not work in the harmonic filter. I suspect that the drive power for the relay coils is different, or that the attenuation at higher frequencies is lower with Panasonic. I’ll ask elecraft.

Thank you for the information
73 Chris

1 Like

I do not know the reason about OMRON. Maybe because of a little bit different parameters as you wrote, Chris. I think they could works but in some critical cases could be some issues. Maybe Elecraft did not test OMRON relay in LPF…

73! Roman

2 Likes

I’m sure you’re right. If I were an engineer at elecraft, I would also only recommend the components that have been tested and used. Conversely, this does not necessarily mean that the Omron would not work.

I am currently developing a small trx and am using the Omron in the harmonic filter. Why not?
73 Chris

1 Like