SPAM link on page for GD/GD-001

There is a spam link on the summit page for GD/GD-001 the link “Excellent place to stay, No1 on Trip Advisor” takes you to a page about hotels in Los Angeles!!

Maybe someone from the Web site team can remove it.

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G8TMV:

Dealt with it, Colin, thanks for the tip!

Brian G8ADD

Brian,

I’ve come across a few broken links while looking at summit pages recently (most recently the one from G1KSW on the G/TW-004 Bishop Wilton Wold page).

Do you think we could we have a small icon next to each external link to use if we find a problem? I’m sure lots of people click links, find them broken and just move on. If there was an easy way to report such things I’m sure people would use them and it would help keep the site up to date.

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G8TMV:

It seems a good idea, Colin, but I don’t know how hard it would be to put it into practice, it would be a matter for Jon GM4ZFZ or Andy MM0FMF who deal with the nuts and bolts of the database. You might try emailing them.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8TMV:

It’s an awkward issue. Is the site down for good or just temporary. It’s why we don’t like deleting links in case they burst back into life.

Possibly the easiest fix for now is simply to mail the MT and we can change the title (as I’ve done).

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

It’s an awkward issue. Is the site down for good or just temporary.
It’s why we don’t like deleting links in case they burst back into
life.

I don’t think this particular one will come back - a whois for the domain thinks it’s never been registered. The callsign hasn’t been used for an activation since 2006 and it’s not in the chaser database. qrz.com shows the callsign belongs to Enrico Giacani, I suspect he has gone home and let his domain lapse.

Colin G8TMV