Southern G land trip

Off “down south” as we say in my part of the world.

Two weeks of gentle activating punctuated by other activities.

Alerts are up on SOTA Watch. Take the times with a pinch of salt. I’ve put on all the bands I might use. If I have time, the WX plays nicely and propagation makes it worthwhile, then I’ll do them all, but it’s likely 145-fm and 7-ssb will be most used, with 5-ssb next and 14-ssb last.

Hoping that the Met Office have got the weather a bit wrong… or I’m going to need my umbrella and waterproofs quite a lot!

Gerald
MW0WML (M0WML for the next two weeks)

6 Likes

That looks like a full program. I’ve only tried one summit in G/SE land and drew a blank on 145 FM. But that was mid-week. It might be better at the weekends.

2 Likes

Thanks… I suspect I will be “whistling in the wind” on 2m FM… but I always try.

2 Likes

Thanks for contact Gerald. I don’t envy you mate as it looks like you may have had a right soaking on Tuesday.
Best 73

1 Like

Thanks for the QSO this afternoon in my Scottish guise of MM0WIV. It took two attempts but in a gap of the QSB we managed it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah yes… was a struggle but we got there I the end!
Stayed dry apart from 1 shower as we arrived.
Pouring down now on to the roof of our van at the Henley Caravan club site.

1 Like

We’ve stayed at that site. :slight_smile: It was a sunny day here in Scotland today but the forecast is as they say “unsettled” meaning more rain to come. :frowning:

1 Like

SE-011 Wilmington Hill moved to Sunday 3/10 due to horrific WX. Got 250m from the van today and then the full forecast rain and wind arrived :grimacing:

I’ll listen out for you tomorrow on HF. Hope the weather improves for you. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the update will be listening tomorrow.
Mike

1 Like

Moved Thursdays planned G/SC hills to Wednesday due to good WX forecast. Alerts have been amended. Times will be revised I am sure. Got diesel for the van today… £1.489!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the QSO today. Was Ditchling Beacon busy? It can be but perhaps not so much mid-week. :slight_smile:

No it was pretty quiet.

Chalconbury Ring was busy… with Highland Cattle, including a very quiet bull who ignored us completely.

4 Likes

Thanks God! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice to see a broon coo darn sarf. I’ve always found them quite placid. Paul G4MD and I have had to walk through a herd of them on several occasions in order to ascend a scottish hill. The most troublesome was back in 2016 when we stayed on Mull. Getting the car away from the cottage and up the track down the valley was often time consuming as they stood on the track, mainly where there was a gate. How do you allow for such things when working out an itinerary? :grinning:

2 Likes

Ha ha… that made me laugh out loud.

There are a million things to mess up my timing. Sue currently in Shaftsbury Tesco getting dinner sorted… which has pushed out SC-007 by an hour. :slight_smile: :rofl:

I’m not complaining… I’m a lucky boy to get my dinner sorted!

3 Likes

The week in Mull was brilliant. My wife Bev handled all the catering. All that Paul and I had to do was ensure that beer was on the shopping list. :grin: On several days we ended up being chaufered back to the cottage after our day on the hills - that after her initial concern over single track roads with passing places. :grin:

3 Likes