SOTLAS (SOTA Atlas) – New summit map

Hello Manuel,

I am observing since some days that the data (activation count and last activation) shown at the map is not up to date.
Example here: 5 activation shown at the summit details. Map shows only 4.

Thanks for having a look.
73 Joe

Hello Joe,

Yes, that is because the CSV summit list at http://www.sotadata.org.uk/summitslist.csv, which SOTLAS imports once a day to generate the map tiles, has not been updated since 16/09/2019. Andy @MM0FMF has been informed.

The summit details pages on SOTLAS load the full list of activations for the respective summit through the DB API, that’s why the count is up-to-date there.

73, Manuel

2 Likes

There are issues regarding the cron jobs on the DB server and this means the cron job that creates summitslist.csv is not running. I’m investingating ways of generating summitslist.csv in a different way but haven’t had time yet due to having this tedious thing called a full time job!

So the bad news is that summitslist.csv is not being updated daily. The good news is the summits themselves haven’t changed since it was last produced. I have a number of summits updates that should get pushed out tonight and I will manually regenerate summitslist.csv after that. The only real downside to not updating daily is the activation count and last activator maybe wrong.

If someone has a time machine I could borrow then I could get this looked at sooner! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://newsotadata.sota.org.uk/summitslist.csv works

That reminds me to prod the old one since the Italian updates went in.

(prods database)

Should be OK on both.

Ah, I didn’t realize there was a new CSV URL as https://newsotadata.sota.org.uk/en/summit/list still links to the old one. But that’s great then – I’ll use the new URL for my projects. Thanks!

Yeah, I decided to keep it pointing at the old one so the transition is seamless when we switch over DNS.

I managed to break the summitslist.csv file the other day when doing the association updates. The result was either you received a 1byte file or a 404 - not found. Anyway I have managed to successfully not snafu the process this morning and the file is back where it normally can be found and should be full of the latest summits data.

:wink:

SOTLAS is a very fine thing! Becaus of SOTLAS I see, some activators work in Austria on 60m. 60m is in Austria NOT ALLOWED!
Holger
OE7HPI

Hi Manuel, firstly I love the layout and statistics available from this site. Thank you!

I tried to place an alert just now and kept getting declined “network or server error…” I managed to place an alert on Sotawatch3 with no problems, so suspect the problem was with Sotlas.

Best wishes,

Hello Andy,

I just gave it a try myself, but it worked for me. As the data is sent directly from your browser to SOTAwatch3 behind the scenes when posting a spot/alert on SOTLAS, I cannot check what went wrong in your case in my server logs.

Try logging out from the SOTA SSO and logging in again – perhaps that will fix it. If not, please send me a direct message, and I will reply with some instructions on how to obtain the full HTTP response from SOTAwatch3 for further debugging.

Manuel

Manuel, I cleared my history and logged back in. I was able to place an alert. Thank you - again I love the site!

1 Like

Very nice site, congratulation.
I have a new Android phone. Unfortunately, I unintentionally disabled the option “Find my location” via the button on the top right. What now?

73 Chris

Can’t you hit the button again?
It has three states as far as I can tell:

• Show location
  • Focus on my location
  • Disable GPS

73 Joe

No, the button is disabled.
73 Chris

You probably need to delete the cookies for this site Chris.

1 Like

Roger, roger. I have done this 1 minute ago and everything is fine now.
TX, 73 Chris

Let me add to the chorus of voices that GREAT APP!

Ariel NY4G

1 Like

SOTLAS feature update:

• Tracks from SMP (SOTA Mapping Project) are now shown on summit detail pages, and on the main map if you click on a summit. Thanks to Andrew @VK3ARR for implementing the necessary database interface!

• When adding an alert, you can now choose whether you want to enter the time in your local time zone or UTC, and this setting will be remembered.

• When adding a spot/alert, you can choose from a list of nearby summits.

• Region and association pages now have an overview map.

• Chased/activated/completed summits are now marked on the regional summit lists (if you are logged in). Colour code: lime = chased, green = activated, blue = completed.

• You can right-click (or long-touch on mobile) anywhere on a map to get the coordinates/locator and links to various other mapping sites.

• The search field at the top now accepts coordinates and region codes as well (and summit references, names and callsigns).

• Lots of other small/cosmetic improvements.

And now this thread will probably be closed automatically :smile:

Manuel HB9DQM

14 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 100 replies.