SOTAData3 (Part 2)

Vielen Dank, Joe!

Aktivierungen sind bereits hochgeladen; kann sie aber nicht mit Stift bearbeiten!

Öffne mal ein Logmit dem “Augen” Symbol. Gibt es dann rechts oben in der Liste einem Bleistift?

Sorry for the German excursion. Jürg we can also discuss via private message.

73 Joe

Sry, no CSV file, I enter the data straight.
73 Chris

Hello Joe, hello Andrew
tnx for your help. I know, that I can enter the activation and the S2S in one way. The screenshots show that I lost the REF entries after entering correctly (or not :grimacing:)

I guess I have mixed up the database by to much correction of my typos. I solved the problem by completely deleting my log using the old database and entering it there in the old way.

Now I was able to enter my current log with only 4 entries with the new database. :sweat_smile:

I noticed two things:

If minor typo errors occur when entering, this is shown by endless turning Verify Log (see picture). I was then able to edit the errors without any problems.

The DELETE button as a recycle bin is too close to the submit button . It’s easy to make a mistake when clicking on the tablet. On the left should be a better place.

73 Chris

2 Likes

I did that for years and as a programmer I can “sort-of” type quite quickly and accurately. It only took two SNAFU’s with browsers and internet connections and things outside my control for me to loose all the typing and to force me to use CSV.

All I did was downloaded an activation from my log and I have been editing that same CSV (LibreOffice on Windows or Linux so no cost) for over a year now. Block change date and summitref and update time, call and maybe their summitref. It’s quick and painless and even before editing was added, simple to fix mistakes.

Spend 10mins getting into CSV and you’ll thank yourself.

1 Like

For those that don’t want to edit a csv text file can try

73 Joe

4 Likes

Same here. As a hobby coder I love the most simple way and avoid any extra software.
With a simple text editor using Find ‘n’ Replace and key shortcuts I managed same logs updates without mouse.

73 Chris

Will the old version of the database remain available or will it disappear at some point?

After every activation I look at my activator log and hit the Show Analysis button. I copy the line from the new activation into a spreadsheet where I keep some running totals and add some notes. I tried doing this from the new database and found you’ve changed the columns. I went back to the old database and it was fine.

Own Callsign and 60m have disappeared. SSB and CW have swapped.

2 Likes

I’ve just pushed a build that now saves activator uploads so if you do a big Activation insertion and click cancel or the mouse gods punish you, you can restore the previous session.

3 Likes

The key is not to keep using the old version of SOTAData but to forcibly insist I fix a bug! (which I have done and it’s building now).

2 Likes

Typos fixed.

2 Likes

I’ve updated DNS but now I’ve done that, I’m not sure I like how it works. Probably better with a 302. Anyway, summits.sota is now pointing at the new instance and I can sort out a redirect later.

1 Like

For me it is updated and https://summits.sota.org.uk/ points now to the right pages - but not opening the summits pages. I guess that’s what you mean with redirect?

Yes, links to summits will work. Going direct to the top level is just visiting the database.

2 Likes

Is that, I wonder, 42 different 042 summits, or will chasing (or, presumably, activating) the same 042 summit 42 times going to get you the badge…

So that’s boosted the popularities of summits with 007, 042 and 314 in their references. :wink:

1 Like

I would say it is the perfect coincident that Eric got exactly 42 of the -042 summits chases. I have only one so no extra bubble icon.

2 Likes

I had to look up what I’d written but it’s 42 unique -042s

2 Likes

Hi
I’m preparing my trip to Friedrichshafen, and found a little problem, probably something for Manuel @HB9DQM

When I open a summit in SOTL.AS, e.g. this one DM/RP-456
there is an article by @ON4TA for ‘Parking and ascent’ (thanks Phil !)
but when I click the link in SOTL.AS, I don’t get the info.
When I open the summit in the Summits Page first, the link works OK.

Luc ON7DQ

This issue is happening for all linked articles. Not only for this summit. The merge of summits into SOTAdata has changed how the links looks like I guess. Manuel will need to make a global change I guess indeed.

Previously:
https://summits.sota.org.uk/article/30456/view
Now:
https://summits.sota.org.uk/summits/article/30456/view

so the /summits/ is missing

73 Joe

1 Like

I just added a redirect on the page for this so Manuel shouldn’t need to change.

6 Likes