SOTAData3 (Part 1)

I can probably add in some session saving on the individual modals (Add Activation/Add Chaser) as well, using similar code to the session restore piece, because untill you hit submit on the modal and go back to the main screen, it won’t be saved.

I’m traveling for work this week, but I’ll try find some time to code it up - shouldn’t take too much effort.

1 Like

If you have a screen recorder or something while you do it, I’d be interested to see what’s going on. There’s been lots of people using it as part of beta testing and no issues found unless you specifically ask for it to be deleted, but I’m always willing to see if I can improve the UI to help out (indeed, this whole exercise for SD3 started from that :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Btw Tim @N7KOM has a released a short introduction video on the SOTAdata3 highlighting the main features:

4 Likes

Great improvement! Thanks to everyone involved that made this happen.

Do I report SOTAData3 bugs here as part of this thread or should I create a new post in the Online Resources/Database category?

73, Robert
M0RWX

Robert, best (IMHO) is to use the contact form on the blue links at the very top of this page. That puts the message onto the MT reflector and we can see do what is needed but it means not only the IT people can see the issue and make sure it gets a reply.

One downside of posting issues in public is a number of people go and see if you are correct and try it themselves and that can often make things worse even though done with the best intentions. :wink:

I used the contact form several times before, got a quick response every time i used it. A downside of the contact form is that it is not possible to include screenshots, … there.

73 Martin, OE5REO

Log now manually loaded for GW/NW-059. Looks OK except I have duplicate entries for my chaser log. Yesterday I entered my summits chased and today I entered my activation contacts. Looks like I did not need to enter my chased summits in the chase log?
I will sort this out eventually.
John.

When you enter the activation there’s a column for S2S entries. Add any chased summits there. All of these are handled automatically during upload - you don’t need to do two separate uploads. The uploader splits them into S2S, Chase and Activation entries in the database automatically, and ties them together in the database as a single upload - which can be managed via the Manage Uploads button.

1 Like

All sorted. I deleted my chaser log for GW/NW-059 and the activation log took over as you explained.
Thanks for your help. Back to the hills.
John

Very nice layout and graphic! It seems working…but.

1. I cannot view the activator logs other than the recent five. If I click on More button and I try to see an older log (or a map) it comes back to Activator stats page.
  2. Even if I am on another page (e.g. chaser stats) I cannot see a map and the program returns to the Activator stats.
    Other bugs at present I cannot see
    Claudio

Are you sure you are logged in, your username appears top right, white letters on blue.

1. When I impersonate you and click “more” then I get to see your log for the last 12 months. If I click on the map icon I get the map of the chaser locations.

2. Asking for a map for a chase when impersonating you also works.

So, this makes me think your account is OK and the new web pages are working. This is likely to be something with your browser. Please clear your browser cache to remove any old cached data and logins etc. Then goto www.sotadata.org.uk and login and see if it works now. If not, we can take this private and get you working.

1 Like

Fantastic work! Excellent imporivements all around. Thank you very much!

Great job, I like the new design.
With the 007 badge, I got a bit confused at first: I got a Lazenby for activating HB/AI-007. However, I did activate HB/BE-048 on another date, which is the real bond summit in Switzerland. (Piz Gloria/On her majesty’s secret service, starring George Lazenby. There is even a Bond exhibition on the summit)
73 Jens

6 Likes

Great update for the SOTA community! Thumbs up for the software cracks!

73, ON4ROB

Many thanks for the update - lovely surprise and what fun - I love your sense of humour.

Hats off for the programmer and the beta testers crew!

Thanks for your time and efforts to facilitate it helps us tracking our progress in the programme.

There are many other ham programs but I love:

• how simple is to participate in this one, how to get and give points,
  • how to set new milestones (now badges) and
  • to see how many different people from many corners in the world contribute together making it runs smoothly!

Thanks a lot
73 de Ignacio

2 Likes

I looked for the feature list and couldn’t find it. Could you help me navigate to it? As soon as you help me find it I’ll realize how obvious it was, but right now I need help. Thanks.

The feature list I referred to in that post was specifically our internal bug tracker, which isn’t public. The feature list for the new version is in the original post.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 100 replies. Continue discussion at SOTAData3 (Part 2).

Carey, with the G0LGS program, you can correct a line by double clicking on it. Didn’t know that until very recently, after using it from its beginning.

EL