SOTA SSTV from the Alps

After a failed attempt a couple of weeks ago to activate the Prorel summit (French Southern Alps, F/AM-273) on VHF FM, I’ll be in Alps again for a couple of weeks starting on 11th Sep.

The plan is to attempt to activate this summit on HF (SSB), but I would also like to attempt some QRP SSTV too. I should be able to squeeze in another summit too, at some point, and again, would like to try some QRP SSTV.

I’d be really grateful for any QSOs, or SWL reports… keep an eye out on the alerts / spots once I know timings. It will almost certainly by 20m for both SSB and SSTV.

All the best,
David.

3 Likes

Where in the Alps will you be going?

73 Heinz

1 Like

Hello Heinz,

I am in the very fortunate position to have an apartment located in Briancon, on the French/Italian border. It’s an excellent base to venture into the Southern Alps!
With unfinished business regarding the Prorel summit, that will be one and I’m tempted by the iconic Galibier mountain (F/AB-102) too.

The aim will be to get the activation completed on SSB, then send some ‘live’ images, taken on the summit on 14.230.

73s, David.

2 Likes

It looks like I’ll be heading up Prorel summit tomorrow (12th Sep), in a bid to activate it on HF (following the complete failure to do so on VHF a few weeks ago).
The plan is to activate it on SSB, then attempt SSTV to send some images from the top. I’ll only be using 2-3w from the uSDX+, so any SWL reports will be gratefully received!
Best wishes,
David… F/G7BEH/P

2 Likes