SOTA Spotter by YO3SAW

So do I.

I guess, the app will be still available at Play Store. There are lot of older app. I would be nice to get and store the apk file on your computer. I just have done this and put it in my Dropbox.

73 Chris

2 Likes

If self-spotting is your concern, you should consider SOTAmat. Absolutely brilliant, especially when there is no cell phone or APRS reception.

2 Likes

I love the Sota Spotter app. But there are no more updates and I fell for it yesterday.

Lars, SA4BLM was at a summit again and given the bad conditions I had a lot of trouble understanding his reference. Especially since the app didn’t recognize the summit. Eventually it turned out to be a whole new reference. Lars, thank you for your patience.

73 Chris

1 Like

Hello Christof,
You can Update the summits database > go to settings at the bottom you can see Summits database,
then Update Now… and you can see the current database date.
73 Gerald F6HBI

3 Likes

Gerald, thank you for the valuable tip. Now I use the automatic update.

I I’m looking forward to our next S2S.

73 Chris & Uwe

1 Like

Has anybody tried SOTA Activator yet?

73s, Alex - DH2ID

2 Likes

Yes, scroll 7 messages up!
Martin, OE5REO, has some comments.

1 Like

Uups, sorry… Seems to work. Thanks, 73 and 44! Alex - DH2ID

DANG!! I used that for every summit I have been to!

Yes, big loss. I used and liked SOTA Spotter a lot. It’s still updating the summits list every month, but a chocolate fireguard is more useful now unfortunately… I’m leaving it on my phone in case the creator Bogdan changes his mind and continues his previous excellent support. In the meantime, on an activation I did last Thursday, I used SOTAWatch 3, and it did the job. I had a good mobile signal admittedly and did not need the FMF texting SOTA service.

It’s easier for those of us who do CW as we have the RBN listening across the spectrum as a backup, and it usually works, or text or whats app your friends at home and they will spot you and alert the deserving.

73 Phil

2 Likes