SOTA Sherpa Award 2018

The SOTA MT has pleasure in announcing that the recipient of the 2018 Sherpa Award is Ed Durrant DD5LP (VK2JI G8GLM) in recognition of his contribution to the SOTA programme over recent years. Several candidates were considered by the MT for this award and, as always it was difficult to decide on just one winner.

Ed has been a keen supporter of SOTA for many years now, offering help to newcomers, taking an active part in both chasing and activating and helping to promote SOTA activities. Ed spends time trialing all sorts of new software/apps, new hardware etc. and writing up his observations on their usefulness for SOTA. He also regularly contacts the MT with observations on how well the services are running and with suggestions on how things can be improved. His enthusiastic support for SOTA is infectious and we feel it’s high time this was recognised.

Please join me in congratulating Ed on the award and recognizing his contribution to SOTA

This award is again sponsored by SOTABEAMS ( http://www.sotabeams.co.uk ). The Sherpa certificate designed by Barry GM4TOE will be sent to Ed shortly.

Andy MM0FMF
obo SOTA MT

17 Likes

My sincere and effusive congratulations, Ed, for this well deserved recognition.
Thanks for all you kindly do for SOTA and all of us participants of this great programme.
Enjoy your 2018 Sherpa Award.
73 and Merry Christmas.

Guru

Congratulations, Ed, for this award.
It always is a pleasure to meet you on a local summit for a joint activation.
Martin DF3MC

1 Like

Crikey, this was a surprise!

Thanks - I’m speechless (and by the number of Posts I’ve put on this reflector, you’ll all know that’s not often the case).

73 Ed.

7 Likes

From what Andy says and my own observations, thoroughly deserved Ed. Well done and thanks.

Now that you’re a Sherpa, how about carrying my gear up High Street tomorrow? See you there.
Season’s Greetings,
John G4YSS

Congratulations Ed on winning the SOTA Sherpa award.

Jimmy M0HGY

Congratulations Ed - Always there to answer a question and point people in the right direction.
Jim

A well deserved award.
Rod

Great choice! Congratulations Ed!

Keith KR7RK

Congratulations Ed on the award. We often hear Ed on promotions here in VK on the WIA Sunday news broadcast too about various activity’s. Not forgetting the EU VK ZL SOTA qso party a few times a year with Michael and the Andrews.
Regards Ian vk5cz .

Congratulations on the achievement!

Congratulations, Ed.

Well deserved recognition of your efforts in promoting SOTA externally and internally via the s2s days etc.

And season’s greetings to you and yours.

Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

Congratulations Ed!!!

Glenn VK3YY.

Hearty congrats from me Ed - you’ve definitely earned this one. :+1:

Actually, when I saw the topic appear in the reflector, I had a feeling the award might go to you.

Season’s greetings and a HNY,
Rob

1 Like

Many congrats on your award Ed! Your account at www.sotabeams.co.uk has been loaded with ÂŁ50 store credit which will automatically be deducted from any orders. I hope that you will find something of use there.

73 Richard G3CWI

1 Like

Congratulations Ed; well deserved.
Only one of your contributions to the Reflector shocked me: The Germans are back… :thinking:
73 de Geert, PA7ZEE

Hi Geert,
That was of course just onto the 4m Band - but it caught your attention didn’t it …

73 Ed.

Hi Ed

Congratulations on your award and all the best for 2019.

Nick G4OOE

Congratulations, Ed and thank you for your contributions to SOTA!

Paul K9PM

Congrats Ed, well deserved.

John VK6NU