SOTA Photos

Hi

Can I remind everyone that we all love to see SOTA photos and that the very best place to post them is at:

Welcome.  This group shows pictures related to the popular Summits on the Air (SOTA) award programme. To submit photos, join the group, upload your photos to Flickr and add them to the group. It is an easy and effective way to show people photos of...

It’s free to sign up and post photos and it’s the only place to put photos that has a link from SOTAwatch.

If you want to share your photos and experiences, it’s the place to be!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:
Why there are two SOTA groups?

Flickr: The SOTA Pool.

Jani OH9FZU

In reply to OH9FZU:

Probably because United Kingdom is made of G, GD, GI, GM and GW lands :slight_smile:

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

Edit: United Kingdom - Wikipedia

In reply to OH9FZU:

In reply to G3CWI:
Why there are two SOTA groups?

A long while ago someone set up a flickr group for SOTA photos. He then fell out with the SOTA management team and, in a hissy-fit, demanded that all links to his group were removed from SOTAwatch. This was done and another group was set up to take its place. That group is the one linked from SOTAwatch.

Hope that explains.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:
Great thanks, now I know I can quit on that SOTA group and add pictures only to Summits on the Air Photo Pool.
I hope the new group has several admins so that can’t happen again?

Jani OH9FZU

In reply to OH9FZU:

Jani

The linked group:

Welcome.  This group shows pictures related to the popular Summits on the Air (SOTA) award programme. To submit photos, join the group, upload your photos to Flickr and add them to the group. It is an easy and effective way to show people photos of...

…has one serving member of the SOTA MT and two ex-members as Admins so further problems are not likely!

Richard
G3CWI