SOTA online service changes for 2020

This is to allow some last minute stuff to happen on the old DB. If we shifted the entire DNS records across, we’d have no (easy) way of accessing the old DB. This will be sorted in a few days.

1 Like

OK no problems just thought I’d mention it. Thanks all for your efforts on the website(s).

Hi Guys, Minor issue. SSO is now under VK3BCM, database was under original callsign of VK3MCD. SSO would not allow logging of activations with the message of “An error occurred while uploading your activation: [object Object”]. When I logged on as VK3MCD worked ok. Let me know what works.
Brian.
VK3BCM (x VK3MCD)

You do not need two SSO accounts - the original database was transferred over (even at the beginning of the SSO process). Log in using that database account.

Hi, it seems the summits.csv file loss a column…
i was expecting for 18 columns, while i now have 17 of them.
I probably didn’t use the missing field, but the change put my data checks offline as i was expecting 18 columns in summits.csv file.
Something changed on that side? should i expect a return to 18 columns or the format is final?
Thanks
Daniele IW3HMH

Nope, staying at 17 columns. The 18 columns was a bug, no one would ever have used it as it can’t contain any information

1 Like

Mea Culpa :sob:

1 Like

Don’t worry, i’m fixing both Log4OM V1 and V2 expecting “not less” than 17 columns, so you have plenty of space for further improvements!

4 Likes

how do you improve on perfection??? :joy:

Anyone else getting an error when submitting their activator log? Here’s what I’m getting:

Error uploading your data: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 20018 The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint “FK_Activations_Users”. The conflict occurred in database “sotadata_db”, table “dbo.Users”, column ‘UserID’. [20018] (severity 16) [INSERT INTO Activations(UserID, OwnCallsign, SummitID, ActivationDate, Points, BonusPoints) VALUES (-3, ‘KF7HIZ’, 36088, ‘03/Jan/2020 00:00’, 0, 0)]

No, that’ll be just you, but I should be able to fix it. THis is usually caused by having a username that doesn’t meet the old database constraints (usually too long)

OK, you actually have two accounts - one is your email address (very long) and the other is your old sotadata account (username is your last name). You can log in using your other account, and I’ve just fixed the new one so it points to the old one.

Hi there, LU9MZO report that he had a similar account issue; he never signed up on SSO and now he signed in with “diegogustavo”; and on “my results” he sees a different activation list than the “activator roll of honour”. I check that the user ID 20401 has all the previous activation; but not the last one on LUM/PC-005.

Thanks! That fixed it. Really enjoying the new services. You guys did a great job!