SOTA on 6m?

Thank you, I hadn’t looked at the filters before. Very useful as after stripping out the FT8 you have a clearer picture. I see there is 4m activity going on too now.

2 Likes

I intend to lug my old FT817 up Red Screes G/LD-017 this afternoon to try out my new portable 6m antenna so I will be cross [with the Sun / Ionosphere / Troposphere / A Higher Authority / Myself - delete as appropriate] if 6m isn’t open when I arrive on summit.

Maybe I should pack my 30m EFHW as a precaution - 30m is always a safe bet.

4 Likes

The 6m activation I had planned and mentioned above of G/DC-008 today has had to be cancelled. Unforeseen circumstances as they say are to blame.

2 Likes

My new [and previously untested] roll-up flowerpot did the business today. I made the mistake of having my 2m FM HT on the calling frequency whilst I was assembling the 6m antenna on the pole. I couldn’t resist answering a CQ which led to a lengthy 2m pileup, In the strong cold wind I was already getting cold before starting on 6m.

Polish and Spanish 6m beacons were very clear on summit and I heard some very strong CW. After self-spotting, I worked Hungary and Poland (as well as a local in Penrith) with my 5W CW and got and gave good reports, I would have liked to have stayed longer but by then I had cold fingers which adversely affected my paddling. A strong QRO popped up on the adjacent frequency which was the last straw.

Anyway, it’s shown the antenna is working well. It packs down into a small bag which will encourage me to take it often.

Andy

6 Likes