SOTA OE Awards

I just wanted to let you know that there are new OE SOTA Awards available:

Checking and application for the awards is possible on the ÖVSV website:
https://oevsv.at/funkbetrieb/sota/sota-diplome/
(bottom of page)

There you will also find the award rules in German and
Award Rules in English.

The awards are available as PDF and will be sent to you be email free of charge.

Have fun!

73, Sylvia OE5YYN
SOTA AM OE

19 Likes

Super, werde jetzt viele QSO`s sammeln…

73 markus IN3ADF

1 Like

Hi Sylvia, nice initiative. One question: I can’t figure out how to apply for the S2S award. If I fill the space with my call, the chaser award appears, if I fill it with my call/P it stays the same.
Thank you, see you soon for a S2S!
Happy Easter and 73
Fabio

Hi Fabio,

I checked with your callsign and so far you have not yet reached enough contacts for any of the awards. No need to apply separately for the S2S award - once you enter you callsign all eligible awards will be shown.

73, Sylvia

1 Like

Hi Fabio,

I just went through your S2S entries on the database … MS Excel helped me a bit :slight_smile:

You also qualify for the S2S GOLD AWARD (you have 45 S2S with summits in 7 different OE provinces in 2023) … so it seems you found some kind of bug. I will pass the information to the programmer and hope that the issue will be solved soon.

Congrats to your CHASER GOLD AWARD which I sent to you some minutes ago :slight_smile:

73 Martin, OE5REO

1 Like

Thank you. now I realized that the QSOs are valid from January 1, 2023. I thought that the QSOs made in previous years also counted. Sorry for the mistake!
Thanks again and 73
Fabio

Hi Sylvia,
What about next year? Does the count start at Jan1, 2024 from zero and can you work this award again? Or is it a one-time award?

73 Heinz

Hi Heinz,
Sorry to disappoint you but once you have achieved GOLD level in all categories - that’s it! :upside_down_face: :innocent:

73, Sylvia

Maybe add a Platinum category in few years…
:laughing:

1 Like

it’s a pity that the diploma only works from 2023 sq9mdf leszek

2 Likes

Dear OE SOTA Friends,

Thank You for this perfect occasion.
I need look to my database, if some diplom not will be for me.

Many greetings.
Michal

1 Like

We seem to have a problem with S2S awards for activators outside OE. We are working on it, so please be patient. I will report back here once we have remedied the bug.

73, Sylvia

3 Likes

It worked fine for me. Thanks to Sylvia and Martin!

73 Chris

6 Likes

It’s only the S2S Award that seems to be affected.

73, Sylvia

We will have a deeper look into the problem tomorrow and I hope the query for the S2S award will work soon … we will keep you updated here on this thread! Thanks for your huge interest, almost 20 awards issued so far!

73 Martin, OE5REO

3 Likes

thanks for the good idea…leszek

6 Likes

Nice one Thanks Sylvia and Martin
Best 73

2 Likes

Yes, sorry about that. I’m the one responsible for breaking the S2S Awards. The issue is found, fixed, and should be deployed to “production” soon. I’ll keep you posted.

73 David, OE5IDT

5 Likes

To me, it looks like the problem is now fixed. At least for IK2LEY an S2S Award is now available.

In case you’re interested, the rule set was a bit too strict with respect to which summits are accepted to “count” towards the SOTA OE Awards, or rather the implementation rejected summits a bit too eagerly. This applies to all international applicants for S2S Awards. All who already received their award are not affected.

5 Likes

GOOD NEWS … the S2S query is now working as it should. It now includes also activators outside of OE. So please check our website again if there is a S2S award available for you. Special thanks to Fabio @IK2LEY (there is a S2S award waiting for you also) who made us aware of the problem in his previous post.

Thanks to @OE5IDT for working so hard to solve the problem!

73 Martin, OE5REO

EDIT: Just saw that OE5IDT wrote the same info some minutes ago …

6 Likes