Sota net This evening

Sota net tonight 18:30z

2 Likes

Well I had a go that was a no-go. I am very new to DMR and may be a little bit too old to absorb this. My normal is, to use Brandmeister. I flashed Pi-Star to a new micro SD, put it into the hotspot, and followed a lot of instructions to set it up on DV Scitland Phoenix. I keyed up my confusing Anytone DMR UV plus and there was some chat going on. I tried to move to TG 2347 but my radio wouldn’t go there.

My hotspot was clearly working as it recorded M0CWC, GM0WUR, G7OCX, M0XFN, GW4BML and M0UKB but for some reason I could not connect to TG2347 on the hotspot but it went to some strange 7 digit TG that was all broken up. After some playing around, I am now listening apparently to 2355 CC:01 T2 which appears to be a Scottish Chat chanel.

Now some work is needed on my codeplug. Maybe I will get there but don’t hold your breath.
But I should ask, why can the Brandmeister TG 973 SOTA not be used?
73 Jim G0CQK

1 Like

Can we have a little bit more notice next time? Day before would be good. I only noticed this post when I sat down in the shack after dinner at 9pm local.

Also, any chance of having the net a little later, say at 9pm? Friday @ 7.30pm tends to be when we’re sitting down to dinner - which is often an Indian banquet take-away on a Friday!

hi Tom sorry about the short notice . I wil try to put it up earlier next time , there is another Net that runs from 9:00 on a Friday on the same system so , at the moment the time slot is what it is .

Hi Jim
Brandmeister don’t like being linked to other systems so they wouldn’t have us on there system
we did try , and for a very short while we were up on Brandmeister but we got told to leave .
I know where your coming from with the DMR codeplug etc . i’m ok with it while i stay familiar but if i don’t edit it or play around with it for a while i struggle for a while until i get my head round it again. I had problems with it last night so i used the POeanut app on Android it works seamlessly .
73 colin M0WCW

It was quite a good night last night and it took a bit of a detour with a station (CN8VY Driss) from Brazil
calling in , it certainly made it interesting.

Interesting, Morocco operating remote from Brazil

Well spotted Victor
ahh i see you have spotted it … yes operating remote from Brazil.
I should of mentioned that.

Did it happen this evening? I don’t know for sure as I am still working on my set up. I think this was the last Friday in May
Jim G0CQK