SOTA Net: Saturday 03 Sept

I will host the net this week as Tom M1EYP is still away. As before the net will be at 1900z and will be held on Echolink. This week’s topic will be “HF antennas”. My node is G3CWI-L and the number is 611072.

Echolink is easy to use and is available to anyone with a computer and internet connection - software is free but requires validation before use (http://www.echolink.org). Echolink is also available as a free app for Android/iPhones. Lastly it can be accessed by many radio nodes in the 6/4/2/1.25/0.7/0.23 metre bands. You can locate your nearest node here:

http://www.echolink.org/links.jsp

Please ask permission of the link/repeater provider beforehand as the net will tie up the link/repeater for the duration of the net.

Test calls to my node are perfectly okay. You may even find me listening!

If you just want to listen in to the net, set your name to “listen only”.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

A few new callsigns have logged in over the past two days. If you have some tips to share or questions to ask about HF aerials for SOTA, feel free to join us today. Details above.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI

Hi Richard

When try to connect to your mode it says you are busy in conference with K3ASI-L.

Sean M0GIA

In reply to M0GIA:

Same here Sean, are you connecting via the internet or RF?

If via the net what callsign are you listed as?

Mark G0VOF

You’re a little early chaps. My link is busy doing stuff at the moment but will be free for connections later.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G0VOF:
Via the internet Mark, I am using M0GIA.

Sean M0GIA

In reply to G3CWI:
Ok no problem Richard, cul.

Sean M0GIA

In reply to M0GIA:

Hi Sean,

Strangely I can’t see you in the directory, can you see me?

Edit, I can see you now :slight_smile:

Mark G0VOF

A very enjoyable net tonight :slight_smile:

Thanks to all participants & listeners, & to Richard for hosting it.

Tom M1EYP’s turn next week I believe :wink:

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

Thanks all. We had 9 participants and two listeners for the net. Having a subject as a focus seemed to work quite well. I am sure that Tom will do an excellent job next week and I am looking forward to being a listener.

Richard
G3CWI

PS I was wondering if EC2 could be configured to act as a conference server?