SOTA lunch at Pacificon Oct 21

The eleventh annual SOTA lunch will be held at the San Ramon Marriott, 2600 Bishop Road, San Ramon, CA, at noon on Saturday, October 21, 2023, during Pacificon. We will be on the South patio outside the Bishop Grill, the only restaurant, as before. Access to the patio can be had by going through the restaurant or by walking to the extreme South end of the side parking lot. There is a burger and hotdog stand just outside the front door leading into the lobby, and they recommend you buy something there before noon, when the line gets long. I’ll provide a few sandwiches for those who indicate at the time of RSVP that they are not into burgers and dogs. I’ll also arrange for beverages near the table. You must be a SOTA chaser or activator to attend, but you do not have to pay for Pacificon if you are not attending any forum presentations (Elecraft has two of those). Wear a name/call badge. As always, we expect to be joined by Elecraft co-founder N6KR with show & tell, and this year will include the premier unveiling of a major new product for field use.

On the forum schedule, N6KR, WA6HHQ, AB6D and AA6XA are addressing SOTA related topics. Here’s the line-up:

https://www.pacificon.org/schedule-forums

The hotel wants a head count. AA6XA, AB6D, AI6XG, KE6MT, KH2TJ, K6EL, K6KM, K6TOR, N6IZ, N6KR, N6NKT, W1EJ, W6JP, WC6J are coming. Who else??

Elliott, K6EL
Sota MT

3 Likes

W1EJ will be there.

2 Likes

Here’s who are coming. Room for five more, as long as they are a firm commitment.

**AA6XA, AB6D, AI6XG, KE6MT, KH2TJ, KI6SYD, K6EL, K6KM, K6TOR, N6IZ, N6KR, N6NKT, W1EJ, W6JP, WC6J.

The new Elecraft device will be demonstrated on air from the table, chasing SOTA…

Elliott, K6EL

4 Likes

If my plans to activate this Saturday pan out, it sounds like I may get all my requisite contacts (and then some) from a single table!

2 Likes

I won’t be there - bit of a haul for me!

But would be very interested in any pictures, info and views on the new device from the SOTA folks who are there. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sign me up, El !
John, K6YK

K6YK confirmed

EL

We will be there- Chuck W7CBR and Sue W7SKH- looking forward to it!!

Confirmed, SKH and CBR.

EL

1 Like

El.,
Ahh, Jeez, Sorry I can’t make it. I forgot about a family thing
I have to do. Shoot. You’ll have to give my spot to somebody else.
John K6YK

Is that the long anticipated KX4D retailing for $5k?

1 Like

Aye. The only thing you got right is the K. No X, no 4, no D. Other than that, you are spot on. Your guess at 5K for the base price is exactly ten times too much. Only a bit off, eh mate? If you are waiting for a KX4, you might not live long enough. Only one more hint… learn CW post haste.

Elliott, K6EL

5 Likes

Looks like the KH1 is already out of the bag!

1 Like

Is it? Is this a hand-held Colin?

EDIT: Answered my own question.

1 Like

But not available in Europe as it is not (yet) CE certified :cry:

1 Like

Twenty-one of SOTA’s best had a really good time. Chasing from the table was done by K6EL and KE6MT, the latter using a new KH1 borrowed from Elecraft co-founder Wayne, N6KR, who gave an unveiling presentation just prior. We went around the table answering a question of the year, which was “what’s your biggest fail, activating?” Mostly forgetting equipment, broken cables, and weather. N6IZ started a new tradition when he bought special goat mugs, presenting the first one to new Goat K6KM at the end of the event (pic below)

Elliott, K6EL

IMG_1552

4 Likes

Thanks. Sorry I missed it this year.
Don,