SOTA leaflet

Nice. Is this a leaflet to hand out to radio amateurs at events or members of the public on hilltops?

HI Andy

I will translate it to Portuguese.

Pedro, CT1DBS/CU3HF

1 Like

Yes! I have given out copies of the old leaflet when giving talks and always carry a few in my rucksack.

Doh!

Doesn’t matter how many people look at things there is always an error :cry:

2 Likes

I remember my xyl Cat reading a book by a budding author and it was full of speeling mistooks and gramner earors everywhere, she gave up with it eventually.

1 Like

Thanks Barry

Allan GW4VPX

A flier in English with photographs does exist, though I do not know where the file is nowadays, I still have a few copies in my rucksack. It covers both sides of an A4 sheet, printed in columns so that a double fold makes it more compact. There was talk a few years ago of updating it but I think that the project got pushed to the back of the queue!

Is this what you meant Brian?

There’s a few language versions there…

I can open only the english version … :worried:

Well, if you feel some day like resuming with this idea, I would volunteer to prepare a version in Spanish language, should you wish to print one.

Guru

I opened the next four language versions without a problem using Adobe Acrobat DC (19.012).

Yes, that’s the one - I completely forgot where it was, brain fade I guess. Guru, there is a Spanish version.

Just downloaded and now that I’ve seen it, I believe I had seen it before. I had completely forgotten about it.
I have spotted a couple or three typos. Do you know who made that Spanish version or do you have a way to get the original edittable document, not a .pdf so I can correct those typos?
Thanks and 73,

Guru

That’s me, my dear friend ;o)

I just need to find where I left the original file in my computer in case you want to correct the typos. I have just seen some of them now…

1 Like

Otherwise I just tested it and it worked to edit (at least the Spanish pdf) with Libre Office Draw

@Moderators: Maybe split of the discussion about the leaflet to a seperate thread. Thanks

Joe

I hold the master copies of these leaflets. I know there is an error in the Dutch version but I have not done anything about it.

Printed copies of the English version were made available and should have been at the Blackpool Rally. If there is sufficient demand I will arrange to update them (and obtain translations) and produce some printed versions.

Can somebody please move the posts on this topic to a new thread, I cannot do it

I’ve moved the SOTA leaflet posts to this thread. Following the link, you can see there are several translations available. If there is no leaflet in your language and you want to translate it then please contact the MT.

Also, the new database is available in several languages now. Again, if your language is not available and you want to translate it, contact the MT.

Andy MM0FMF
obo SOTA MT

I’d like a leaflet to give to people on summits who ask me what I am doing. They always seem to ask when I am carefully listening or trying to send morse. I probably seem very rude when I don’t answer them. Most of these people won’t even know what amateur radio is.

Hi Richard, Perhaps you need an RSGB leaflet rather than (or in addition to) a SOTA leaflet in that case. The SOTA ones (at least the German version) appears to me to be written based on the assumption that the people reading it understand what Amateur Radio is. so more a leaflet to give out at a hamfest than to the general public.

In Germany, the DARC have such basic leaflets that you can print out and those are what I give out to the people that come up and ask what I am doing on a summit. I expect the RSGB must have something similar.

73 Ed.

P.S. I agree questioning visitors always seem to come up at the most inconvient time.

I have prepared a leaflet in German which is meant as general information for visitors on summits. If anyone is interested I can easily pass on a PDF file of it. It was funded by the ÖVSV (the Austrian Amateur Radio Association).

73, Sylvia
OE5YYN

1 Like