Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Summits | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

SOTA LD Weekend 2021 Challenges

No excuse Andy - Mark will accept a textual log.
ADIF files are produced easily by all the amateur software programmes after clicking a few buttons, the file is produced, you don’t need any coding skills. Sounds like you aren’t computer logging yet to me. I started logging on a 386 in 1990 and now I have 113,362 QSOs in my whole log, EA/DL6GCA/P is the last QSO 5 minutes ago. I believe he is on the summit with Guru EA2IF.

73 Phil

Enter your log into the DB.
Download your log from the DB as a CSV file.
Use Christophe ON6ZQ online CSV to ADIF converter to make ADIF from CSV (cut and paste)
Save ADIF file and email to Mark.

Took me a few moments to get an ADIF file and I have never used them before either.

https://www.on6zq.be/w/index.php/SOTA/SOTA2ADIF

3 Likes

Ok Andy I’ll have a go at that route! My prevarication was just to give everyone else a chance of winning :wink:

1 Like

If you can’t make the jump from CSV to ADIF file no problem, send me the CSV file.

1 Like

Sadly that’s not the issue Mark. It’s that I am still using www.\https\paperandpencil v1.0
Then entering direct (and manually) into the SOTA database. I haven’t even connected a computer to my base rig yet, which is preventing me from experimenting with digital modes. However as retirement beckons I’m planning to address some of these failings :grin:

2 Likes

Hi Andy, if the log is in the SOTA database you can download a CSV file:

View Results → My Results → My Activator Log
Then click the download button next to your activation, and send me that CSV file.

Cheers, Mark.

1 Like

You as well! That’s me, you and Paul IPB who are in the same boat.

Management committee! Talk of retirement should be banned on the reflector! Please? :weary: I’ve got two girls potentially to get through University and marriages yet!

3 Likes

I think that’s only fair Mark when (one of them at least) is happy to accompany you to the pub to meet a group of Radio Amateurs, climb hills with you on SOTA outings and even hold the antenna mast for you when it breaks! :wink: Well worth a few pennies invested in her future!

2 Likes

I’m doing paper&pencil logging, much more convenient than with a tablet / computer / phone and (almost) weatherproof. At home, I enter these data manually into the CSV file needed by sotadata. I don’t have that many QSOs on a summit (and certainly not the 145 QSOs that Mark logged on G/LD-056), so this doesn’t take too much time and allows me to re-live the experience and the conversations on the summit.
Uploading by CSV is much faster than entering them all one by one.
I have written a Python script that converts those to ADIF suitable for upload to QRZ.com.

I anybody is interested, drop me an e-mail.

73 de Martin / HB9GVW

5 Likes

Could anyone planning on submitting a log file please let me know before this time tomorrow, otherwise expect results to be published on Sunday!

Cheers, Mark.

3 Likes

Sorry, I’ll be on this on Wednesday, and we will have a result. I’ve been dealing with lighthouse data, I find it quite therapeutic licking data into shape.