SOTA Lake District Weekend Date: 17-18 Sept 2022 (Part 2)

Folks, I will be trying to reach out to you from Slieve Foye EI/IE-015 on Saturday!
Don’t forget to point your rubber duckies to the West from time to time :slight_smile:
73 de EI4JY, Alex

7 Likes

You must have long arms! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, to some of you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi!

I will also be out (on Tinto GM/SS-064) with the yagi pointed towards G/LD!

Hope everyone has a fun day :grinning:

Stuart MM7SWM

5 Likes

I guess I should say that I am going to use Yagi as well, 3 el + 5W HT
The path from Carlingford is not great with no LOS, but hope 2m may bend a bit for me !

4 Likes

That would be a complete for me Alex, so I’ll definitely listen out for you. I’ll be on Helvellyn (G/LD-003). Thanks for the contact on Monday.

3 Likes

Cheers Andy, I’ll be on EI/IE-015 starting from around 11am BST for couple of hours. I’ve done Helvellyn on 2m FM 1/4 wave telescopic whip from Djouce in Wicklow few month ago, so it should work from Carlingford. Let’s make this happen!

Looks like you’ll be passing the mark buddy - few beers Saturday evening on the cards??

It’s been a mathematical struggle keeping below until Saturday :wink:. Hip flask of whiskey packed for on site celebrations! Bus service researched so hopefully a couple of beers over dinner too.

7 Likes

Sorry Mark I won’t be able to make it. I’m staying in Wasdale which is a tad too far (and I’ll be too knackered) to drive around to Windermere; and then back again. I’ll toast you all while sinking a few in the Wasdale Head!

1 Like

No worries Dave, that’s a hell of a trek having done it myself. You’ve got a pub on site anyway, nice!

Just a reminder that the challenges are available this weekend, see SOTA LD Weekend 2022 Challenges for more information. Can’t promise the same level of prizes as last time, but I’m sure we can russle something up :wink:

Regards, Mark

1 Like

6:40am: I’m looking at this bloated 11.5kg rucksack and thinking Is my old body ready to carry that thing up a G/LD summit in a few hours time?

Good luck everyone - it should be fun!

2 Likes

Same here, Just getting sustenance , We are heading up Sp-004 to try to grab as many from LD as possible.

Good Luck all and “Be Careful Out There”. Haha Hill Street Blues comes to mind there I think!

1 Like

What a day! :grin:. More later, my priority now is to get clean and sweet(er) smelling before dinner! Loads of activity both on the air and from interested members of the public (I gave them all your phone number Tom @M1EYP :wink:)

7 Likes

Same here, Well done to all, I managed a couple of S2S from LD on Shining Tor, more to follow. We are just heading to the Cock and Pheasant in Bollington, Elaine and I will “Raise a glass” to you all while having our Evening Meal :beers:
73 Tony

5 Likes

A great day on Scafell Pike (G/LD-001} and I even got roped into litter picking with Lyndsey (aka The Wasdale Womble) on the way up

7 Likes

Best day ever, 128 QSOs on 2m/17m/20m and 40m…and over 60 S2S

Thanks everyone and cheers from Wasdale Head

16 Likes

Nice to see you guys had a good time. I set off early with very high hopes but had to turn back due to car breakdown- serpentine belt rollers got proper shot :disappointed:. Annoyed/disappointed is a massive understatement.

I’ll try tomorrow again, hope the weather stays kind.

Well done everybody.

73 de 2E0TZG

3 Likes

Nice to catch you today from G/LD-041 Stuart .
M7MGO

1 Like