SOTA Lake District Weekend Date: 17-18 Sept 2022 (Part 1)

That’s amazing idea. Let’s just hope Wx will be kind enough in September.

And I’ll need a lot of spare batteries for 70D, last time on Kinder Scout I’ve run it dry in about 2 hours…

1 Like

I’ve not had any thought’s about the weekend. It’s likely I’ll take the QO-100 kit, so I’ll have 13cm in that case. But I can do any of the other microwave bands and I’ve not had a S2S on 9 or 3 cm yet.

Nick G0HIK

2 Likes

23cm?

I’m taking my 23cm transverter for FM only.

4 Likes

That’s fine, I can take the Alinco Handie.

Nick G0HIK

Nick, is it a DJ-G7 What antenna do you use with it? Do you find the 1W on 23cm enough?

Andy

1 Like

Hi Andy,

There are some previous posts from me on the subject.

But yes that’s the radio, I generally use the 2 ele aerial that come with the SG-Labs transverter with the radio.

It’s surprising what you can do with the 1 watt if you have LOS.

Nick G0HIK

1 Like

I have a WA5JVB 3 ele PCB Yagi and that is significantly better than the provided rubber duck.

1 Like

With a bit of co-ordination you should get 4 contacts to qualify on 23cm.
PCB antenna for me also on this trip.

That would a First for me.

However, as I write there are no G/LD W/E alerts for 23cm.

1 Like

I’ve not picked a summit or alerted yet. If there’s you, Stuart and Nick then we only need 1 more and we have 5 of us so we can all qualify 23cms without anyone else. Those anyone-else people become the cherries on the cake :slight_smile:

I will probably be just running 2/70/23 & 13.

2 Likes

Sounds good.

Living locally I get to do G/LD summits any time (e.g. G/LD-001 tomorrow). So, as with previous LD W/E events, I’ll wait until the last minute to post my alert to give visiting activators a chance to choose their favourite summits and I’ll pick a ‘spare’ one.

Whatever my summit, I’ld like to be QRV on the Saturday from mid/late morning to early/mid afternoon. I hope that suits other 23cm activators.

I’ll also have 2m/70cm FM and - summit depending - HF CW.

1 Like

Hi all,

Change of plan for us this weekend, not going to LD Land, will be active on the Saturday from G/SP-004 Shining Tor and on Sunday from G/SP-015 The Cloud ,

So I will still be hoping for S2S from as many LD Summits as possible? I will point my beam up that way for 2m and have HF QRP?

Fingers crossed as usual

Tony

3 Likes

Should be attending one of the days over the weekend and +1 for 23cm, just need to find the time to setup the equipment for a test run beforehand.

Graeme

1 Like

Hi Mark,
Will the evening meet up be in Windermere?

Have you asked @2E0BIA Martin for permission on Shinning Tour @G1JPV Tony. I had to give him 2 weeks written notice :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Oh ye, of course, it used to be Micky 2E0YYY, we needed permission of for SP-004 :wink: and don’t forget I need permission for the G/SP-015 The Cloud from the resident who lives up there :innocent: (only kidding Tom)

Tony

2 Likes

Hi Kevin

Yes, at the Brookside Inn in Windermere.
Regards, Mark

1 Like

Mark, relieve me of my credit card when I arrive. Last time I was buying drinks and just tapping my card to pay so had no idea what I’d spent till a few weeks later when I got the bill :frowning: It’s not that’s it’s an expensive place it’s just so easy to spend too much when it’s easy!

3 Likes

I’m sure we’d all be a lot more careful if we were still paid in cash and had to hand over notes everytime we bought something.

I was going to say you’re a grown man but of course that doesn’t automatically make you responsible.

M.

1 Like

True… I’m signing the retirement papers later today :open_mouth:

Well part-time hours on the way to retirement papers.

2 Likes