SOTA in Hannover, Germany - Help required please!

Hi All,

I have a business trip over to Hannover, Germany, for work commitments late May 2022. I will arrive in Hannover on Sunday 29th May 2022 and wondered is there any SOTA summits close-by that I could activate :slight_smile: having no vehicle with me, I wondered would there be any activators close-by that would fancy a joint activation and know the area as my time will be limited. I have purchased the new Xiego X6100 radio and made myself a very compact di-pole for the trip. If not, I won’t bother packing my gear, but if there is any summits that some activators can help me out with, that would be great!

I look forward to your feedback and maybe good news :slight_smile:

73, GW4BML. Ben

2 Likes

Hi Ben,

Easy to find here:

https://sotl.as/map/coordinates/52.272724,9.747707/7.2

73 Joe

2 Likes

Thank you very much Joe. I see there is three 2 pointers quite near-by. I wonder will there be any activators in the area that day to accompany me. I won’t have any transport you see. Although, I could look into taxi’s.

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

<Obiwan>
Use the map Luke!
</Obiwan>

4 Likes

hey enjoy yourself Ben , will listen out for you. Best 73

1 Like

Finding the summits isn’t the issue. It’s when I get there and have limited time. Would like to maybe meet a local activator out there and do a joint activation. So, hoping for some positive feedback.

73, GW4BML. Ben

Thanks Allen - fingers crossed I’ll have time to activate a couple :slight_smile: look forward to maybe making contact!

73, GW4BML. Ben

Hello Ben,
here in Hannover there are currently three activators Pom DG7ACF Uwe DK8OA and me. And there are a lot of summits in the area.

We can arrange to meet up and drive in my car to climb the summit.

There is also the option of taking a bus or train without a car.

You’re welcome!

73 Chris

5 Likes

Hi Ben

Let the train take the strain … the S-Bahn line out to Hamelin is excellent and from either Springe or Hamelin there are several 2-point summits nearby. We used that line when holidaying in the area before I started SOTA.

Cheers
Rick

4 Likes

Perfect. You can also go to the Harz mountain with the so-called Niedersachsenticket (Lower Saxony ticket, 24Euro or so). From there continue by bus (included in the price) to Wurmberg DM/NS-001 or Schalke DM/NS-008,

If you need more or more detailed information, get in touch.
73 Chris

2 Likes

Hi Rick,

Many thanks for this information - I will look at the trains. Chris has sent a nice message above about maybe meeting up and driving to a summit, that sounds a little more convenient :slight_smile:

Hope to catch you Friday morning from SW & MW land.

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your kind message - this is exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile: I will send you a PM if that’s ok.

73, GW4BML. Ben

Hi Ben

Will probably do a long hike to GW/SW-008 on Friday, but not at the ungodly hour you start so might catch your last one :wink:

Cheers
Rick

1 Like

Hi Rick,

I do plan to be out until 12:30ish as I have to be back in work for 13:30pm :slight_smile: booked half a day.

Look forward to making the qso - safe ascent.

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

We’re anything but used to SOTA tourists in Hannover. Better visit DM/BW or BM!

Just joking. There are wonderful summits around and Chris and I will be glad to provide you with all information needed.

I will see if I can manage to be at the Hannover shack end of May. So if you fancy an after work activation with shuttle service included, let me know.

It would be good to know where you’re gonna stay. Did you already book a hotel? Free rooms may be short during Hannover Messe (which is presumably the reason why you’ll be here). Where’s the hotel, Hannover City, County, or greater region? How long will you stay, 2nd June?

Would you iclude me in your conversation with Chris? This would probably make things easier.

Just in case everything goes wrong and you have to activate on your own. DM/NS-122 Bröhn would be the easiest summit to get to by train. S1 from Hannover Main Station, leave at Egestorf (ca. 20 min). Then it’s 5 km / 300 m vertically to the summit. The summit café closes at 7 pm. Closed on Mondays.

Ahoi
Pom

4 Likes

Hello there Pom,

Thank you very much for the information :+1: I have added you to our chat.

73, GW4BML. Ben

2 Likes