SOTA Goat is back (Part 1)

Is SOTA Goat available on Android? Was it ever or will it be in the future? Right now I use Sota Spotter on my Android but just wanted to try something different.
Tnx
Tim - K5DEZ

Negative. On Android, I recommend VK port-a-log by Peter VK3ZPF. Most excellent app for activating!

-J

1 Like

Just got another update Today… now I’m on version 1.4.1.

LOVE the ability to tap summit coordinates to copy them!!! Very nice :+1:t2::+1:t2:

Thank you Rockwell!

3 Likes

Great stuff! Thank you for the rerelease and the quick update :+1:

1 Like

@WW1X thank you for the new version 1.4.1 which also solves the issue with the “jumping” pages.

There is still a minor issue:
On a summit page of SOTA Goat the date of the “Last Activation” is always one day before the actual date that is shown on the summits page of SOTAwatch3.

Example F/AB-001 Mont Blanc: SOTA Goat shows 23.08.16 as the date of the last activation whereas SOTAwatch3 shows 24.08.16.

Probably a time zone thing. Will take a look, thanks.

Rockwell
Thanks for the map scale in version 1.4.1.
73 Tonnie de PA9CW

2 Likes

thank you!!!

Your work is really appreciated.
Thanks and 73 de VA2EO (Éric)

The version I installed is named Version 3 in the page reached using Settings > About.
Does each country’s app store number the versions differently? Anyway other users in VK will presumably also find they are receiving v3, not 1.4.1

No, the first version he released a couple days ago said ‘Version 3’. The latest one that just came out Today switched to 1.4.1.

Ah, that explains it! Thanks

Have not had a chance to play with it, just downloaded it now.

Thanks Rockwell

Have not had a chance to play with it, just downloaded it now.

Thanks Rockwell

It works, I just tested, spot is sent.
Great !

73, Jarek

1 Like

Yea for SOTA Goat! Yea for Rockwell! Thank You!!

73, Dave AE9Q

1 Like

Great, thank you just bought. Is it still possible to recognize the location automatically? So a button where you press it and then it shows your own location. A log function would of course be perfect … I would also pay for it of course :grin::+1:t2:

If you go to the map view, then tap the Options in the top-right, you can choose to show your location on the map. Is that what you meant?

3 Likes

yes, thanks, now it works. The first time I flipped the switch, I didn’t see the location. But today after I restart the app, I see it.

Thanks for the SOTA Goat revival. I can hear the goat. However in the past we heard the goat every time there was a new spot. Can that be put back in?

73, Hans PB2T