SOTA Flags

Several people have enquired about the availability of SOTA flags for deployment when activating. I have now managed to source a flag in woven polyester which appears to be both rugged and reasonably priced. (I have been quoted upwards of £75 each for custom flags!!)

The flag size is 40cm x 60cm and the cost will be in the region of £15 plus postage. So I can assess the level of interest, and so determine an initial order quantity, I would appreciate an email from anybody interested in purchasing a flag.

You can either email me via my MT contact email or to sota-awards “at” btconnect “dot” com (reformat the email address as usual)

Barry GM4TOE
SOTA Awards Manager

Oops, Senior Moment

Try sota-awards “at” btconnect “dot” com

That one might not bounce!!

Sorry

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to GM4TOE:

Flag arrived today - looks nice, thanks Barry.

Mine also arrived today. Thanks very much for sourcing these flags Barry.

73 de Phil

In reply to G4OBK:

More windage on an antenna support seems an odd thing to want.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to GM4TOE:
I think it would be great if someone made some sota embroidered badges.

73! Mads, LA1TPA

In reply to LA1TPA:

In reply to GM4TOE:
I think it would be great if someone made some sota embroidered
badges.

I think someone already mentioned having a source in the UK a while back, but over here I have a source for cheap ham patches who I see every month and talked with him a few months ago (but haven’t taken any action yet)and I think if I had around 200 made up they would be under 3$ apiece, (maybe even under 2$?) air postage included worldwide (sent from ROK, would fit in letter post, no problem).

Naturally more would bring the price down as his issue is simply the machine setup, not the materials.

Also, that was based on a monochrome design I had submitted to him, red fabric with SOTA logo embroidered in a bright green–eye catching!

If there truly is interest, I could pursue this further (I don’t need a closet full of patches!) and get more concrete numbers.

73 de Jason.
HL4/W2VLA

In reply to GM4TOE:
Picked one up yesterday. Good quality, great value.

In reply to G3CWI:
The windage is not so much of a problem if the flag is flown at a low height on a fishing pole or part way up a rucksack special, it could even be shown off whilst walking if the pole or aerial is strapped to the rucksack.

The main snag of displaying the flag though is even more people asking what it is all about and making the usual jokes!

Phil G4OBK