Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

SOTA F/PO-264 "Mont Ursuya" + VIDEO

Hi all, tomorrow I will try to go to Mont Ursuya in the Bask Country if WX permitting (a LOT of rain these days !). F4EMK and I wanted to both activate a summit but I am only able on week days… maybe next time Frédo ! :wink:
The frequencies will be (+ or -) in this order :

• 14.280 ssb
  • 14.060 cw
  • 10.118 cw
  • 7.090 ssb
  • 7.032 cw
    I just “try” again with SSB but won’t loose too much battery if NIL.
    Hope to hear you tomorrow guys !
    Vy 73 de Chris F8DZY.

Activity confirmed, leaving QRA…

Hi all, just back from “Ursuya”…
Good activity with (finally) some SSB QSOs !
12DXCC (F, OE, DL, GW, OK, SM, YU, HB, G, S5, ON, GM) for 43 QSOs : 2 on 20M SSB, 21 on 30M CW, 9 on 40M SSB & 11 on 40M CW.
Cloudy WX when climbing and operating and very sunny when QRT (battery low - tnx SSB HI - I was using 10W at the end).
I will add the link of the video and photos when ready here.
Thanks for your calls…
Chris F8DZY.

In reply to F8DZY:

Hi Chris, congrats on a FB activation and thanks for the QSO on 40m-cw, I didn’t hear you on 40m-ssb, the band was a little crazy.
Looking forward to the Video.

73 Mike GW0DSP

Salut chris bravo pour ton activation et merci pour ce nouveau SOTA,je serai également en haut de l’URSUIA samedi matin si le wx est de la partie
73 et a bientôt
frédo F4EMK

In reply to F8DZY:
Hello Chris,

Désolé pour la CW… hi ! c’est un comble !
Merci pour le QSO SSB, mais c’était limite (l’opérateur n’est vraiment pas dans le coup…)
A une prochaine fois

73 QRO
Alain F6ENO

In reply to all :

GW0DSP : thank you Mike, it was a pleasure to work you again from the Bask Country summits ! Yes, I had a better propagation on 30M without QRM, 40M was very noisy and QSB too from my side…
F4EMK : merci Frédo pour les spots et l’appel, j’espère que tu auras beau temps samedi pour le SOTA ! :wink:
F6ENO : ben alors Alain, on préfère la phonie maintenant ?? HI (1 seul F en CW : F6ACV 40M CW)

Log has been uploaded.
The video is already online at :

Good watch ! :wink:
Vy 73 de Chris F8DZY.

…and photos now online ! (tnx F6CEL)

http://www.sota-france.fr/f8dzy-po-264.html

Vy 73 de Chris F8DZY.