SOTA EA2/NV-004 - Kartxela

Hello SOTA friends

The video of the SOTA EA2/NV-004 - Kartxela is online

Best 73

Andre – f5ukl

3 Likes

Hello André,
As usual, I enjoyed watching the video. Thank you!
One comment regarding the callsign you used. The preffix EA is enough. You don’t need to put EA2/
That EA2 preffix is only applicable for the Summit reference EA2/NV-004 but the callsign for you on air would have better been EA/F5UKL/P instead of EA2/F5UKL/P.
The number should only be added to the EA preffix when operating from the Balearic Is. (EA6), the Canary Is. (EA8) as they are unique DXCC entities or the cities of Ceuta or Melilla (EA9) but as far as I know there are not any P150 summits in EA9.
For the rest of Spain, the preffix EA/ without a number is enough for the station callsign, as it’s all part of the same DXCC entity.
Bon courage et à bientôt.
73 from Guru

Curiously, CEPT recommendation T/R 61-01 makes no mention of the Balearics etc, but simply specifies prefix EA for Spain, with no qualifications or footnotes This is in contrast to the listings for Denmark, Finland, France, Norway, Portugal and the United Kingdom which clearly document different prefixes for the distinct entities within.

Strict reading of this supposedly definitive document would suggest that the Spanish authorities expect EA/ to be used everywhere. This is incredibly unhelpful for our purposes, but it does seem on the face of it to be what the rules say. There is no reason whatosever why a licencing authority should allocate callsigns to suit a particular ARRL award.

The other conceivable interpretation is that T/R 61-01 does not apply to these territories at all, which is even less helpful.

Martyn M1MAJ

Thanks, Martyn, for your interesting post.
I guess [quote=“M1MAJ, post:3, topic:13751”]
the Spanish authorities expect EA/ to be used everywhere
[/quote]to make no distinctions among all different national territories.

I agree.

Best 73,

Guru