SOTA dogs on summits part 2 (Part 1)

Rose’s first activation

20 Likes

New year’s eve activation with Juri and SWL “Squirrel” Barbara of OE/NO-011.
8 hrs of walking today and a lot of fuss in the mountain huts for some reason.
Juri enjoyed it very much, especially jumping around in the snow but he did not like the brass music.
A worthy old year’s conclusion indeed!
73 Martin

18 Likes

We don’t have a dog. However, my activation of G/WB-019 May Hill this afternoon was slightly disrupted for several minutes when three friendly furry critters came to say hello. Probably didn’t help that I was sitting with my face at about dog eye-level. Being snuffled in the ear does wonders for the morse coming over the earphones. One of them even tried to snitch my tent-peg bag (an old sock, as it happens)…

7 Likes

you need to wash it Rick :grin: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

73, Jarek

4 Likes

One year ago today Guru left us. Today EA2BD Ignacio has told us that Lucho, Guru’s dog, has also died recently. Sure they are together wherever they are.

73 de EA4R Alf

15 Likes

This is Nigel. Its unclear if he loves this or hates SOTA.

He also can be a bit of a douch artist! A bit like that friend you had at school whos great fun but repeatedly lets you down in social situations.

Pretty sure he hates me but is obediently humoring me somehow.

Processing: IMG_20230309_122307_973.jpg…

8 Likes

Great photo Alf.
RIP Guru and Lucho.

Geoff vk3sq

2 Likes

Here are Poppy and Morag on the summit of GM/SS-128 Broughton Heights - note that it’s a sunny day in Scotland - not that Morag looks very impressed with it all! Obviously if I reach into a pocket, I am meant to be producing treats rather than mobile phones…

They called out a warning when a young lady came within 10m - obviously the dogs are well schooled on the dangers of getting too close to rf sources ha ha - all 5W of it…

Alan

8 Likes

Absolutely :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Alan,

They are absolutely focused on you, I could say they are resonant with you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

73, Jarek

3 Likes

Jimmy our Minature Schnauzer on GM/SS-040 yesterday.

15 months old and almost a year since his last summit which was supposed to be an easy 1 pointer. We ended up mostly carrying him on the last due to the heather and boggy terrain. This time he ran rings round us, probably mostly due to our lack of activity over the last year.

Here’s to many more summits with wee Jimmy, great little Sota dog.

13 Likes

10 Likes

When she is not herding sheep, she enjoys a good SOTA activation

14 Likes

This is Cuca, she just arrived today at home. She is a border collie 7 weeks old.

In a few time I Hope She comes with me to sota activations.

21 Likes

One more from Petra :dog2:

8 Likes

Here’s my new pup Snowball, SOTA dog-in-training on his first activation. He’s only 12 weeks old so still learning…

13 Likes

Very nice and very young. I hope you secured him well against all wrong which he may meet outdoor :blush:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

SOTAdog Tarly on Sierra de Don Fernando, 10,365’ ASL in New Mexico near Taos.
John K1JD

8 Likes

This is Kira.She is 8 months old.She’s still too naughty to come with me to Sota, she bites everything.At the moment she really enjoys our excursions in the mountains without a radio.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 100 replies. Continue discussion at SOTA dogs on summits part 2 (Part 2).