SOTA-DL supports GMA

The SOTA-DL association is going to support GMA. Our association team is preparing extended summit lists, some regions were already sent for upload to the GMA team. We also created a new region called Alpenvorland (AV) containing more than 300 summits/hills around Alps. Most summits in the new region are family friendly and are easy to reach, e.g. our guests can activate Olympiaberg in Olympiapark in Munich. The Alps lovers will find a lot of nice routes, great landscapes and lonely places with summits qualified for GMA.

Due to a fuzzy situation between SOTA-DL and SOTA MT nowadays I recommend to call CQ GMA instead of CQ SOTA or both, because according to the SOTA MT β€œthe database and the DL ARM may NOT be valid for SOTA!?” (Of course, you can contact me anytime in order to ask, what summit COULD be valid for the SOTA program, but there is no guarantee). Anyway all the summits listed in the SOTA database will be valid for GMA.

I would like to ask all SOTA chasers to support GMA even you are not collecting GMA points. I am sure, all GMA activators will be happy to work their old SOTA friends again. Please work us, every chaser is welcome and each QSO counts!

I also appeal to other SOTA associations to get in touch with the GMA team and discuss possibilities for joining the GMA program and maybe for using the GMA infrastructure for their local award programs.

73 de Dzianis, DD1LD
Association Manager SOTA-DL

1 Like