SOTA CSV Editor

To create and use the MDB file in relies on Windows ODBC support.

Stewart G0LGS

Gerard,

Further tests have revealed a problem with the way the C library function I used converts between time formats, which I seem to have found a solution for. Just re-visit the site to get the revised version.

Stewart G0LGS

Thanks for the update, Stewart.
The issue found is fixed in version 1.2.1.0. Excellent!

Cheers,
Gerard - VK2IO

A few minor tweaks have been made and documentation updated.

Now at V1.2.2 G0LGS: Software Information

Stewart G0LGS

Hi Stewart,
Updated to V1.2.2.0 and entered my log from yesterday’s activation.
With the reference check option enabled (F7), an error “Summit Not valid on Log Date” is flagged regardless of what is entered.in the Summit field.

Cheers, Gerard - VK2IO

Hi Stewart

Any chance of a MAC version. I run your program on a 8 year old windows laptop. The laptop is sooo slow.

Please, please, please can we have a MAC version? No I don’t want to partition my MAC Air.

73, Andrew VK1NAM

Gerard,
Does the program show the Date of the DataBase and number of Summits (i.e ‘31/03/2015 (67611)’ ) in the Status-bar area to the left of the clock ? and does it show the Summit Name and Locator to the right of the Summit Ref entry box as you enter a valid reference ?

Update: I have carried out further checks and found another problem that only appeared when the Windows Timezone was not GMT0 - the next update should sort that.

Andrew,
Sorry: I will NOT be creating anything other than the Windows version.

Stewart G0LGS

A further update (V1.2.3) has now been made available that should resolve the reported issues as well as provide some further enhancements (refer to the documentation).

This update to V1.2.3 is available either as a ZIP file, in order to be compatible with older versions (up to V1.0.0.9 in January 2015) or in the Windows Installer format.

(The ZIP file version will be withdrawn at a later date)

Users of the versions issued up to January 2015 can now access the update directly (as before) from the program (Help->About->Check for Updates).

Users of V1.2.x accessing the update to V1.2.3 from within the program will need to extract and run the Windows Installer from inside the Download ZIP.

The Windows Installer available at G0LGS: Software Information should work no matter which version you have.

Stewart G0LGS

Well, for Mac or Linux users not using partitions or Wine, etc., there’s always an online CSV editor in the SMP. Go to the extras page, click on the “Create SOTA CSV” tab if it’s not already activated, and you can either load a CSV file and then edit it, or create a new file from scratch. It’s been there for months, but I don’t know if anybody has yet used it. No ZIP file, no install, no virus problems, no MDB, no ODBC: give it a try, it might work for you…

Rob

2 Likes

Updated to V1.2.3.0, Stewart and the F7 issue mentioned is fixed. Thank you.
Its probably moot now but the answers to your questions was: yes, yes.

Cheers, Gerard - VK2IO

Nice one Rob!

I did hit a snag with ADIF exported from HRD. I tried a single QSO from a chase, but the band tag is not being interpreted.

The tag in the ADIF is:

<band:3>30m 

73, Simon

OK, Simon, I’ll look into that after i get back from shopping for the long weekend…

Rob

Simon, could you send me your log, or at least a representative section of it (at least a few rows…) to me via private email: MYCALL at DARC dot delta echo, and I’ll take a look to see what’s causing the problem. I have a few test ADI files, and they have precisely the same kind of <band> entries as in your example.

EDIT: On second thoughts, try it again: I just found what I think might have been the problem - a missing conversion to uppercase (i.e. “30m” to “30M”)…

UPDATE: Simon, thanks for the example files you sent me. My above-mentioned alteration to the code appears to have solved the problem.

PS: could not reply to your email, 'coz my email address or IP address is on some sort of blacklist. Doohhhh!

Thanks and 73,
Rob DM1CM

Thanks Rob.

That’s working fine with my HRDLog files now.

73, Simon

Hi Stewart,

Just installed your SOTACSVEditor3. I tried to open a CSV file that was produced by David Mathieu’s SOTA Watch Filter. This CSV successfully loads into the SOTA DB but your program fails to load it. Looking at the Err.Log file it is complaining about invalid Date/Time and Summit Refs.

Any ideas ?

73 Andrew G4AFI

Andrew,
Seems the answer is that the SOTA DB accepts dates in a variety of formats and my program was written to only accept dates of the form DD/MM/YYYY - that being the only format I’d seen used for SOTA CSV logs until today (the SMP uses YYYY-MM-DD).

In the process of finding out that SMP uses a different format I discovered that SMP does not like something about some bands such as ‘3cm’ and ‘70cm’ and that it seems to need the <STATION_CALLSIGN> field and not use the <OPERATOR> field that my ADIF export uses.

The next update to my program (probably V1.2.5) will accept the alternative date format and include the <STATION_CALLSIGN> ADIF values.

Stewart G0LGS

Hi Stewart,
Glad you spotted the problem, I look forward to your next release.

I don’t know much about ADIF, but I noticed your ADIF output doesn’t include ADIF fields RST_RCVD and RST_SENT that I thought were mandatory. Obviously there is no data in the SOTA CSV file for these fields so I guess default values of 599 in both would do.

73 Andrew G4AFI

Andrew,

I guess you have not read all of the Docs then

The following an extract:

Including additional ADIF information

You may add some formatted information to the Notes field, these values will be exported to the appropriate ADIF fields (and removed from the ADIF comment); the following are currently supported:

· RS(T) values e.g. R559, S549, S55, R57-59 etc
· Name:Firstname e.g. Name:Phil
· QRG:Frequency (in MHz) e.g. QRG:144.320
· QTH:Placename e.g. QTH:York
· QRA:Grid e.g. QRA:IO94EO
· MyQRA:Grid e.g. MyQRA:IO81WV
· Mode:Mode e.g. Mode:RTTY

Note: The method of parsing these values to generate the ADIF file means that spaces should NOT be used in the above fields – spaces must be used only to separate the fields. I suggest using the underscore character instead of a space; use a semi-colon instead of a comma (commas in comments may break the CSV on the SOTA Database site).

Stewart G0LGS

Thanks for correcting me, you are right I haven’t read the specs :blush:

I think some other CSV to ADIF converters I have looked at are not using the latest ADIF spec; certainly one I tried refused to convert unless RST_RCVD and RST_SENT were included.

73 Andrew G4AFI

The latest update (V1.2.5) is now available - it includes a few changes to improve inter-interoperability with SMP.

If you are still using a version prior to V1.2.0 you may need to access the download manually at G0LGS: Software Information

Stewart G0LGS