sota bush hat

what is the size of the hat as it say one size please

2 Likes
3 Likes

Well, it fits my big head.
If I remember when I get back from vacation I will measure one

2 Likes

ISTR they are “One size fits all” hence the album and there is an adjuster to tighten them up if it’s too loose.

3 Likes

it has to be 61 cm or it no good for me

2 Likes

With you there (right down to the size 61)

From experience with hats one size fits all === one size doesn’t fit me!

Maybe SOTA hats will cater for big-heads like us!

2 Likes

Never buy one size fits all clothing of any type as they never fit me.

Regards, Wal VK2WP

3 Likes

I could almost guarantee the fit of the baseball caps. They are one size with a back adjuster and to fit my big head the adjuster was just about minimum size.

Guess fully out it would fit a bowling ball with space to go

1 Like

61cm is only a UK 7 1/2 size hat which is classed as the small end of XL. The normal (for various definitions of normal) range of head circumferences is 56-61cm so 61cm is a size in the normal range of sizes catered for anyway.

For example I’m a UK 7 1/4 which is 59cm. If we consider head radius for that sized circumference then a 59cm head has a 9.39cm radius and a 61cm head has 9.71cm, a difference of 3.2mm so hardly Earth shattering.

My Decathalon Bush Hat is a one-size-fits-all (as are my Po-Jamas!) and it’s a loose fit unless I pull the adjuster quite a bit to tighten it. You are right to query the size but I would be quietly confident the SOTA hat would fit you.

3 Likes

It is described as “One size fits Most - 60cm”

Perhaps on the neat side for you

1 Like

Well if it fits at all it will be tight.

Maybe you’d be better off by buying a Decathlon hat, mine is marked 62cm and has an adjuster to tighten it up. Then all you need is to buy a SOTA patch and sew that on yourself.

2 Likes