Sota activators

I would just like to go on record to say thanks to all sota activators i was looking for something to do with my radio set up and after speaking with Tom M1EYP& Steve G1INK they both told me about sota chasing ,Anyhows after a few weeks of deciding if to give it a try i took the plunge september 24 2010 needless to say ive been hooked ever since i am working towards my first 500 points and am hoping to get shack sloth status by the end of the year so many thanks to tom & steve and all you wonderful activators in making a virtually house bound persons life more fruitfull and the xyl is also happy im not under her feet now im in the shack most of the time cheers Dave M3XIE.

In reply to M3XIE-1:

It’s always a pleasure to work you Dave and very much appreciated when you call in and help us to qualify a summit.

I can also say I wholeheartedly agree with you about chasing. It’s probably the one thing keeping me sane at present - so a big thank you to all the activators from me!

Karen (2E0XYL)

In reply to 2E0XYL:
I second that Dave.

I like the walk and the countryside and the radio gives me the incentive to get off the sofa.

The chasers make an activation and I am very appreciative of anyone taking time and effort to try and find me, usually in the rain, calling cq.

So very well done Dave on getting to your half shack sloth.

Heres to a busy 2011 and I’m sure you’ll be polishing your sloth before Christmas. (Even if I do keep using ssb - oops).

See you at the club soon,

Cheers,

John

In reply to M3XIE-1:

Hi Dave,

I wonder if it was you calling Steve GM1INK on 80m last Saturday when he was just closing down on GM/SS-032?

I heard XIE & what I thought was M6 but the noise was just too high for Steve to hear you.

I’m glad you are enjoying chasing SOTA, it can be very challenging but it is great fun :slight_smile:

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to M3XIE-1:

i took the plunge september 24 2010 needless to say ive been hooked ever
since i am working towards my first 500 points and am hoping to get
shack sloth status by the end of the year

I reckon you’ve had at least half of them off me, Dave!

The bill is on the way :wink:

so many thanks to tom &
steve and all you wonderful activators in making a virtually house
bound persons life more fruitfull and the xyl is also happy im not
under her feet now im in the shack most of the time cheers Dave M3XIE.

If you’re enjoying the chasing as much as I’m enjoying activating, then you’re having a ball…

Mike 2E0YYY