SOTA activation report: Bregenzerwald (summer 2017)

Dear all

I’ve spent 7 beautiful days in the Bregenzerwald region in western Austria in mid-July and enjoyed the activation of several SOTA summits between 1000 and 2100 meters a.s.l. from our location Hittisau.

It’s a lovely place, and I have collected some information on the activated summits for those who enjoy being somewhere in the middle between simple hills and higher summits at limited risks.

So enjoy, and cu on the bands again!

Report: SOTA holidays in Bregenzerwald in summer 2017

https://hb9sota.ch/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SOTA-activation-report-Bregenzerwald-2017-07.pdf

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

7 Likes

Thanks for the fine report Markus and the activation’s you put on for us while on holiday.Looking at the photo’s you had some brilliant weather.73 Don G0RQL.

Thanks for your comment, Don. I’ve enjoyed reading such reports as a SOTA beginner since last year and have benefited from them many times. My first one should offer to others a similar experience. It’s a big one, having taken some time to write since I’m not a native English speaker - doing SOTA is easier than writing about it, hi.

I aimed to transport not only technical info but also insights; we have marvellous sceneries here and there, and the Bregenzerwald is certainly one of them worth discovering. Doing so by doing SOTA is a privilege for me.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

Hallo Markus,

danke für den Bericht, den ich erst jetzt über die SOTA Seite entdeckt habe. Morgen planen wir eine kurze SOTA Aktivierung des Fluh (DL/AL-278) - deswegen den Bericht gesehen. Wir sind gespannt, wandern allerdings von der DL Seite aus hin.

1 Like